Viva Translate: Senior UX Web Designer (Latin America only)
via We Work Remotely
Viva Translate is led by a team of engineers from top companies and institutions, such as Google and MIT, with a shared dream. We are creating a world where language and culture are no longer barriers to work and opportunity, and we are starting across Latin America.
Technology is at the core of our product. Viva is building a tool that helps people read, write, and speak better across English, Spanish, and Portuguese. We have an incredible dream for the future of borderless work. But we know that great dreams start with great people.
What’s your story? If you too are an explorer, a dreamer, and a builder, we’d love to meet you.
What you’ll be doing
- Unique design perspective – insightful into delight and play
- User Experience – Lead all phases of product design for different web projects, ensuring the best user experience in each initiative.
- Research – Conduct user and industry trend research, define our customers’ use cases, needs & personas.
- Experiments – Help run rigorous design experiments, quantitatively analyze user behaviors, rapidly test and iterate the designs to optimize performance.
- High-fidelity designs – Create wireframes and detailed designs ready for engineering.
- Product improvements – identify big swing opportunities, review existing user flows and propose areas of improvement, and work closely with Engineering and other teams to suggest & implement improvements
- Cross-functional collaboration – Collaborate with engineering and other teams to identify & implement product improvement opportunities.
Must-have skills 💪
- 5+ years of experience working in UX/UI, Web or similar positions
- Knowledge of user-centered design and interaction
- Have a Product Design or UI/UX design portfolio with multiple case studies of products you worked on
- Experienced in Figma
- Possess deep empathy for users and an eye for good web UX/UI
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to work with ambiguity and adjust priorities as business needs shift
- Native Spanish or Portuguese speaker
- Based in Latin America with at least B1-B2 level of English fluency
Nice to haves 🍒
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience working in a high growth product-led startup
- Passionate about bridging communication gaps across cultures
- Have domain experience working in SaaS
Our values 💛
- Always leveling up
- Open integrity
What we offer ✨
- Fully remote team 🌎
- 2+ in-person retreats (past locations include Mexico & Colombia) annually
- Join an early-stage startup (9 people & growing 🚀)
- Home office stipend
- Unlimited time-off
- Health & fitness benefits
- Learning stipend – we are here to support your personal & professional development journey