Tyler Technologies: Senior Infrastructure (DevOps) Engineer
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Plano, TX
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will build and manage the infrastructure necessary to host our exacting worldwide clients.
We exist to inspire and empower every public servant to address society’s pressing issues. We do that by enabling data-driven leadership through connected data and shared insights.
Our data as a service platform and cloud-based solutions support the world’s most effective open and internal data sharing programs at every level of government. What we do matters. New York, Seattle, San Francisco and 230+ other cities, states, counties and federal agencies use us to connect citizens and their internal teams with information that matters to their day to day life.
Why This Job Is Important
You’ll help the company design, operate, monitor, and grow the platform that hosts our global client base. You will work side-by-side with the rest of the engineering team to ensure our new features and services meet our security and performance guidelines. You will build the infrastructure that makes other engineers even more productive.
Due to our work with several federal agencies, candidates must reside in the U.S. for this position.
On a Typical Day, You Might…
- Contribute patches to open-source tools to better support our mission and operations.
- Participate in on-call rotation, which includes all engineering staff.
- Partner with security staff to implement advanced security and compliance requirements for our clients.
- Diagnose and fix systems and software failures and build additional automation to prevent the failure scenario from reoccurring.
- Manage DNS and SSL configurations for customer domains.
- Build out a production environment.
- Upgrade our infrastructure.
- Perform various AWS administration tasks.
- Building out environments (Setting up VPC, configuring ACLs and security groups)
- IAM user/key management
- Familiarity with other services including: EC2, S3, RDS, ECR, EKS
- Experience with other non-AWS infrastructure as a service platforms is also relevant.
- Understanding of Linux OS at a systems level.
- Systems engineer experience is a plus
- Ubuntu knowledge is a plus
- Coding skills
- Strong familiarity with at least one dynamic language (Ruby or Python is a plus)
- Experience writing configuration as code
- Familiarity with objected oriented programming and data structures is a plus
- Configuration management
- Experience with and proficient with at least one configuration management tool (e.g. Chef, Salt, Ansible, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience specifically with Chef is a plus
- Experience with Docker
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Experience with Mesos and Marathon is a plus
- Networking skills are a plus
- You are interested in working with engineers to help scale and optimize their services.
- You are calm in high-pressure situations and skilled at triaging situations.
- Ability to pass a federal background check required