Circle: Head of Revenue Operations
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: New York
Circle is building the all-in-one community platform for creators and brands: think “Shopify for creator/brand-led communities”. We make it really easy to bring your people, discussions, live streams, events and payments together — all in one place, all under your own brand.
We’re looking for an experienced Revenue Operations Leader to help level-up the revenue operations function ahead of our next phase of growth.
You will be responsible for everything from owning the CRM, automation, and data stack across the entire S&M org, to building the strategy and the team, to implementation. This is a leadership role within our sales and marketing org.
- Lead the Revenue Operations team and design the org. You will design a revenue operations org that can support our sales, marketing, and customer success teams as Circle’s business continues to grow. This includes empowering the current team and coaching new team members in the future.
- Co-develop the go to market strategy with the head of sales, head of CS, and head of marketing. This will include our quarterly & annual planning processes.
- Develop the revenue operations roadmap. You’ll own key projects from end-to-end. This could be migrating our CRM from Hubspot to Salesforce, or implementing a new chat tool for our sales org, or partnering with the marketing team to setup a new lead scoring system. These are high-impact projects that the Revenue Operations team will drive across the finish line.
- Own all technology decisions, including the CRM, data stack, automations across the revenue org. Includes vendor evaluation, procurement and implementation. You’re able to look ahead and understand tradeoffs of certain technology decisions, limit technical debt, and only introduce complexity when needed.
- Help define and manage the key metrics for the revenue org. This means using consistent definitions and enabling our teams with reporting that is reliable, accurate, and easy to consume. We should feel this in our daily operating reports, our monthly, quarterly, and annual planning. You’ll partner closely with our head of finance to establish these definitions.
- Oversee all operations around variable comp payouts — across sales, marketing and customer success.
- Run our weekly business review meeting for the revenue leadership team. This includes setting the agenda, support in forecasting and improving predictions, and establishing pacing towards goals.
- Own all technology decisions, including vendor procurement and implementation.
- Collaborate with the product team and data team to determine what the vision for the data warehousing and architecture will look like, so that we can make it easier for customer-facing teams to leverage this data. For instance, we will want the revenue team to see a 360 view of the customer in the CRM, including product usage, customer engagement (support tickets, sales emails, marketing campaigns, attribution) and contract data.
Who we are looking for
- You have at least 7-10+ years of Revenue Operations experience in a high-growth, software company environment. With at least 4 of those managing a related team. You’ve done this before.
- You have experience in a product-led company like Circle and/or a software company with some self-serve motion.
- Comfortable with Hubspot, Salesforce or a similar CRM, and you are an expert at CRM admin and implementation.
- You have successfully managed a tech stack with common sales and marketing tools (such as Hubspot, Intercom, Marketo, Cencus, Drift, or others.)
- Experience supporting the full spectrum of revenue functions — spanning marketing, sales & CS.
- You are a leader and a coach. You have experience building a team, including hiring leaders and managers. You have a track record of and helping members of your team grow in their roles.
- Excellent writer and communicator. We’re a fully-remote team, and excellent writing is a key requirement in the role, especially for a team lead.
- Strong presentation skills and executive presence.
- You have experience in a product-led company like Circle and/or a software company with some self-serve motion
- You’re able to thrive in a fast-growing, venture backed startup environment that requires quick decisions and action — while also knowing when to invest long-term and understand downstream effects of your decisions.