Athelas: Software Engineer
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Mountain View, CA
This role will be focusing on driving the design and implementation of general software that allows practices to have better viability and control over their revenue billing cycles, thus having more time to focus on patients and deliver better services. We are looking for someone with a minimum of two years of software engineering experience. You will receive a basic take-home assessment immediately after application to complete. Once we review the submission and feedback is positive, then we will reach out to schedule the first interview. Compensation range: $30,000 – $35,000 USD
What You Have
What You Have
- Able to work flexible hours based on US time-zone
- At least two years of production software engineering experience
- Expert in Python
- Able to work on both front-end and back-end in general and deliver product end to end
- Basic understanding of cloud solutions (GCP, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with modern software development methodologies and cycles
- Understand standard web-based technologies, such as restful standards and relational databases (eg PostgreSQL)
- Have a strong product engineering sense with a can-do builder attitude
- Able to identify opportunities to improve the current process
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Having worked on greenfield projects before, build and ship products from scratch
- Worked in the healthcare industry before
- Experience working in a fast pace environment (we ship fast)
- Remote work experience
- Familiarity with BI software
Why You’ll Like Working with Athelas
- Rockstar Team: Join a team with an incredible record – we are the smallest, fastest company in history to receive FDA hematology clearance. We are also the largest Remote Patient Monitoring company in the US
- Technology Focus: Revolutionizing how technology can be used in the healthcare industry
- Strong Backing: $132M Series B raised from the likes of Sequoia, General Catalyst, Tribe, Y Combinator
- Mission Driven: We are changing the way healthcare is provided, bringing it directly to the people who need it with technology-enabled solutions
- Incredible Growth: 10x patient growth in 2021 and we’re just getting started
At Athelas we’re bringing simple, life-changing health care products to people around the globe.
The future of healthcare is at the home – we are a team of technologists building the next generation of medical products at the intersection of hardware and software. We won’t stop until we’ve brought the world class tools of a hospital to your home.
We develop hardware, software, and diagnostics to improve the lives of chronic care patients (cancer, hypertension, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder).
In the US, 80% of healthcare spend occurs in 20% of patients. We aim to drastically reduce this cost through modern software, hardware, and preventative care services. Its core device (FDA Class 2 cleared) uses machine-learning trained on cell classification to allow chronic patients to monitor their white blood count at home. Its core software product is a platform to help doctors monitor vitals, trends, etc. of such patients, so that physicians and patients can stay aligned without direct interaction.
We’ve raised $132 million at a $1.5 billion valuation from top tier investors such as General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Y Combinator, and Initialized.