This Free SEO Tool will Help Reach Your Content Marketing Potential
Are you looking for the perfect way to optimize your website and manage your site statistics more efficiently?
Introducing SEMrush, the complete free Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) tool perfect for your content marketing!
Ideal for an instant boost of content and website performance, as well as incorporating relevant SEO enhancements, SEMrush represents the utmost freemium platform for marketers today.
The best thing about it?
Well, this SEO tool is free to use for most basic functions and will help you with various business aspects including finding backlink opportunities, monitoring your daily rankings, and generating original content ideas.
Stay tuned, as we elaborate on the ins and outs of using the essential SEMrush tools through our practical how-to guide.
Ready to run the platform like a pro? Let’s get down to business!
How to Use SEMrush: Basic and Relevant Features
First things’ first, you will want to run a site audit. Enter your company’s or your competitor website’s URL to the SEMrush dashboard.
Talking about competitor research, read our review of this Top SEO ‘Spying’ tool HERE.
Which immediately brings us to the next step.
Within the domain overview, you will uncover all elements included in a website’s performance, including:
- Website backlinks
- Anchor text
- Organic website traffic
- Keyword rankings
- Paid website traffic, and
All these components serve as a way to overview how your website performs under both organic and paid traffic.
In addition, here you can also check your website rankings, additional KPIs relevant to the page, or even your competitor’s keyword rankings.
To better understand why each aspect of your overview matters, here is a little guide of the features.
1. Organic Search
The figures showing under your Organic Search represent the number of visitors your website attracts on a monthly basis. Even though not one-hundred per cent accurate, these statistics can give you an estimate of your website’s progress. Next, through the SEMrush Rank, you can see where your website ranks in comparison to all other websites in the app’s database. Additionally, the Keywords section helps you discover the search terms your website is indexed for. Finally, the Traffic Cost segment indicates the total CPC estimation of the site.
2. Paid Search
The Paid Search tool helps you learn the generated traffic of your website carried out through paid advertisements. Here, you can also see the Keywords used for your campaigns, whereas the Traffic Cost section represents the overall CPC assessment.
Backlinks represent the number of links that reference your website. In addition, Referring Domains includes the number of websites who provide the respective links, whereas Referring IPs does the same but with IP addresses.
4. Display Advertising
The Display Advertising tool shows the subtotal of display ads used for your campaigns, as well as the networks where these ads are displayed.
5. Engagement Metrics
In short, Engagement Metrics indicate the average number of pages per visit, the website’s bounce rate, as well as the average duration of each visit.
Some of the key statistics featured in the organic keywords graph show all relevant areas for which your website ranks.
With a little help from the organic and paid traffic chart, you can:
- Determine how your website traffic changes over a period of time.
- Use the Organic Keywords segment to find search terms that drive the most traffic to your website.
- Check and compare the keywords used by competitors in your niche.
- Keep track of your backlinks section, where you can also see websites linking to other sites through anchor text and follow/no-follow links.
6. Keyword Analytics
One of the best things about using SEMrush is the option to both overview your general website performance as well as your individual keywords. Once you click the detailed Keyword analytics feature, enter a search term to display:
- The number of results and search circulation.
- Paid advertising competition and CPC.
- Location-based CPC distribution.
- The trending status of the keyword over a certain period of time.
Aside from these metrics, below, you can also research phrase match terms as well as long tail keywords and other relevant keywords.
SEMrush Upgrade Packages
Although SEMrush is free for regular account users, an upgrade package might offer a few significant benefits for your business.
The current upgrade options the app offers include:
- Pro Account: Perfect for freelancers, smaller business and start-up ventures. The package grants you access to over 10k results regarding both domains and keyword reports and up to 3,000 results a day, with the option to create up to 5 projects (for a single user).
- Guru Account: Suitable for prosperous or medium-sized business, with 30k results per a single report and 5,000 results a day, including creating up to 50 projects at once (for two users).
- Business Account: Intended for large e-commerce business and enterprises, offering white label reports, Google Data Studio integration, API access, and more.
- Enterprise Account: If your business needs a custom plan, you are welcome to contact SEMrush for a detailed plan that fits your particular requirements and needs. Yes, that means you only pay for what you use for.
Time to reach your Content Marketing potential! What are discussed here are very fundamental knowledge to the extensive and comprehensive use and free SEO tool that SEMrush offers. In fact, we encouraged you to learn more by taking the various free courses (some with Certifications) at SEMrush Academy. What are you waiting for! A whole new dimension in your SEO journey awaits your discovery!
In case you are running a WordPress website and using Yoast SEO Free Plugin, learn how you could beat the Free limitations HERE.
Explore how easily anyone could make Explainer Videos with this tool.
What do you think is the most important function of any Content Marketing Tool, or a function that you wish a Content Marketing Tool have? COMMENT Below.
SHARE this article so other Content Marketers can read it too! LIKE it if you are a Content Marketer so it can reach its potential! Hashtag #DonutAtwork