Yoko Co: Front End Developer – WordPress
via We Work Remotely
- Mission. We exclusively work with clients who make a positive impact on the world. This is a chance to build things that help create a better place for all of us.
- 4-Day Work Week. We treat our Mondays as flex days, meaning that you can take most of them off if you plan your work appropriately.
- Holiday Breaks. We’re closed for nearly a full week at Thanksgiving, and two weeks at the end of the year.
- Best Place to Work. For two years running, we’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Inc. 5000 and Washington Business Journal.
- Developer Growth. This role is for a junior to mid-level developer, but in the course of your work, you’ll also get exposure to complex development projects and top software engineering practices. This is a great place to take your skills to the next level.
In this role, you’ll:
- Write clean, semantic, well-commented code
- Deliver fully-functional layouts that accurately reflect design references and prototypes
- Work on multiple projects at once
- Collaborate with other developers, designers, project managers, and strategists
- Utilize our WordPress stack and workflow to build websites based on design concepts, and help us continue to evolve and optimize these things for future projects (Currently, this stack includes a custom theme, specific plugins and tools like ACF, and the Beaver Builder/Themer visual layout building tools.)
- Help expand our codebase and tools, contribute to strategy and planning, participate in code reviews, and grow alongside our development team
- About 2 to 4 years of experience with building WordPress websites
- Excellent HTML and CSS skills
- An eye for design and the attention to detail needed to accurately translate concepts into beautiful, fully functional layouts
- An appreciation for page builder tools (like Beaver Builder), and using them in an intelligent way to empower clients and speed up workflow, while minimizing sacrifices
- Functional knowledge of UI/UX best practices
More about us:
How to Apply:
Send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “Eagle Eye” — While you’re at it, we’d love to learn a bit more about you and get a link to your portfolio, or sites you’ve built. We take applicants from all over the world. However, you must be willing to work a schedule that has a reasonable overlap with normal US business hours.