WEO Media: Website Designer
via We Work Remotely
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities needed
- HTML/CSS and Bootstrap (Intermediate to advanced proficiency)
- Design-related software, e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator
- Exposure to print and logo design
- Strong command of color theory, image composition, and typography
- Demonstrated ability to handle branding, style guide creation, and logo needs
- Experience designing for a variety of screen sizes and platforms for fully responsive web experiences
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Clearly communicate design process, solutions and implementation specifications
- Experience in content strategy is helpful as is a basic understanding of SEO best practices
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to ask for help when appropriate
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities/deadlines and projects, and able to complete projects to deadline
- Associates degree or equivalent specializing in web design
- 2-4 years of Design and web development experience is preferred
- Experience in an agency setting
- Experience with logo design and creation
- Experience with print design (flyers, business cards, etc)
This position is full-time salary exempt. Currently our work is 100% working from home in eligible states*. Office space is currently available if desired. Our salary offerings for this role range from 36,000 to 45,000 annually depending on experience.
We offer 401k with employer contributions, paid short-term and long term disability coverage, healthcare and dental options, 80 hours vacation to start and 56 hours paid sick leave, paid volunteer hours, and several paid holidays throughout the year. We are 100% work-from-home, with camera-on video meetings regularly throughout the week between team members and departments. WEO Media values our collaborative work environment and considers our supportive team culture to be a benefit to our employees.
*Eligible states that we are able to accept applicants in include : Oregon, Washington, California, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Pennsylvania, Florida.
We’d love to hear from you if you meet the characteristics and experience qualifications! Please submit a resume, cover letter, and digital portfolio to help us understand why you would be a great fit for the position, and for our company.
Equal Opportunity Employer
WEO Media provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
WEO Media expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
WEO Media is not currently sponsoring work visas for this role. Authorization to work in the U.S. is required to be considered.