Viva Translate: Senior Product Design Engineer (LLM focus)
via We Work Remotely
Technology is at the core of our product. Viva is based on a translation platform that automates workplace communications and enables global teams to collaborate seamlessly. We have an incredible dream for the future of borderless work. But we know that great dreams start with great people.
What’s your story? If you too are an explorer, a dreamer, and a builder, we’d love to meet you.
What you’ll be doing
- Language learning model interface design/engineering – comfortable with designing and/or developing LLM interfaces
- Unique design perspective – insightful into delight and play
- Product improvements – identify big swing opportunities, review existing user flows and propose areas of improvement, and work closely with Engineering and other teams to suggest & implement improvements
- Cross-functional collaboration – Collaborate with engineering and other teams to identify & implement product improvement opportunities.
- User Experience – Lead all phases of product design for different web projects, ensuring the best user experience in each initiative.
- Research – Conduct user and industry trend research.
- Define our customers’ use cases, needs & personas.
- Experiments – Help run rigorous design experiments, quantitatively analyze user behaviors, and rapidly test and iterate the designs to optimize performance.
- High-fidelity designs – Create wireframes and detailed designs ready for engineering.
- 5+ years of experience working in UX/UI, Web or similar positions
- Experience with designing/developing LLM interfaces
- Knowledge of user-centered design and interaction
- Have a Product Design or UI/UX design portfolio with multiple case studies of products you worked on, one of which showcases an LLM-related product
- Experienced in Figma
- Possess deep empathy for users and an eye for good web UX/UI
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to work with ambiguity and adjust priorities as business needs shift
Nice to haves ✨
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Product design engineering background, likes to tinker and build
- Prior experience working in a high-growth product-led startup
- Passionate about bridging communication gaps across cultures
- Have domain experience working in SaaS
- Some Spanish and/or Portuguese proficiency
Our values 💛
- Always leveling up
- Open integrity
What we offer
- Fully remote team 🌎
- 2+ in-person retreats (past locations include Mexico & Colombia) annually
- Join an early-stage startup (9 people & growing 🚀)
- Home office stipend
- Unlimited time-off
- Health & fitness benefits
- Learning stipend – we are here to support your personal & professional development journey