Toggl: Elixir Backend Developer
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Tallinn, Estonia
We are looking for a passionate Backend Developer to help us build and maintain Toggl Plan.
Are you interested in working with Elixir in cross-functional teams? Do you want to be a part of a highly diverse team? If that is the case, we would like to hear from you!
Gross annual compensation range for the role is €60,000-65,000, and we’re committed to increasing salaries every year based on company and individual performance. In addition to that, we also have remarkable benefits, which you can check out below.
You can work from anywhere in the world. However, since our team meetings typically happen between 11:00 and 14:00 UTC, you need to be willing and available to attend these meetings when they happen.
About the Team
We are a global team of 100+ awesome people working from over 40 countries around the globe. We hire globally, you work locally—in the heart of London, a beach outside of São Paulo, or a quiet village near Florence, the choice is yours. Every few months we travel to meet up somewhere in the world and spend some quality time together. We place a huge amount of trust in our people, and we measure the outcomes rather than the work itself. Our values fuel our results.
As a Backend Developer, you would work as a team player to bring new features to life by writing clean, well-organized, and reliable code, and reviewing the code written by others.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Build and maintain our backend applications and infrastructure of Toggl Plan (Elixir / PostgreSQL / AWS, considering migrating to GCP)
- Optimize performance and stability of our product
- Experiment with the new technologies to improve our product and experience as a team
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and FE developers
About Toggl Plan
Toggl Plan is a tool to visually plan your team’s projects, track progress, and keep their workload healthy with drag-and-drop timelines.
Our product fosters transparency in work, and we practice what we preach — both internally and externally. We are dedicated towards creating a work atmosphere where it’s natural to be open, honest, evolving, and efficient.
As part of Toggl, we are building a complementary tool to the world-famous time tracker: a visual team calendar that helps project teams know who’s doing what and when in seconds. We are squarely focused on small-to-medium-sized companies, helping them reduce stress when dealing with deadlines, people’s availability, and ever-changing project requirements.
In collaboration with Toggl Track, our goal is to build healthier workplaces by offering teams simple and easy tools to eliminate stress at work.
- Familiar with all stages of web application development (design, implementation, testing)
- Significant experience with back-end development
- Experience with Elixir, PostgreSQL, Git and Unix
- Experience with GCP/AWS, Docker, Ansible and Terraform is a plus
- Comfortable working on a fully remote team, with good written communication and willingness to actively collaborate with other remote team members
- Freedom to choose when and how much you work – we only measure results
- 24 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays
- In-person meetups for team-building (expenses covered)
- 4-6 weeks paid sabbatical (depending on the tenure)
- Laptop budget up to €2,500 and it renews every 3 years
- €2,000 budget to set up your home office, and additional €300 every year after 3 years of tenure
- €250 per month for co-working space membership and/or internet service at home
- €4,000 per year contribution to use for training, workshops, and conferences
- €2,000 per year contribution for any equipment or services to improve and/or maintain your physical and mental health
- Support for buying tools you need for doing your best work (even eyeglasses if you need a new pair)