TestGorilla: Product Designer
via We Work Remotely
I’m Michel, the Head of Product at TestGorilla. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
Over the past year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 5,700 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way.
As we scale our efforts in 2022 and beyond, we’re looking for a Product Designer who’s passionate about creating amazing product experiences and helping people land dream jobs.
What’s in it for you?
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- Competitive salary + Share appreciation rights (SARs)
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Remote working budget: €1,000 per year
- Learning and development budget: 3.5% of salary
The job in a nutshell
You’ll work on identifying and solving complex design problems, work together with your cross-functional team to shape them to the best experience possible out there and make sure that what gets shipped matches our design standards.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: unpacking the problem, ideating new products and features, prototyping, user validation and finally creating detailed interactions to handover to engineering.
- Sketch and prototype ideas to assess viability of a solution early on in the design process
- Validate design solutions with our different target audiences, using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Iterate on feedback from your cross-functional team
- Collaborate with engineers as they build and ship
Here’s what we are looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission of people in dream jobs
- You are aligned with our values
- You have a Product Design or UI/UX design portfolio with multiple case studies of products you worked on
- You can think through complex interaction problems with a systematic approach and attention to detail
- You have experience creating complex interaction design, user experiences, flows and prototypes with high-fidelity visuals
- You are able to discuss and explain your design decisions and back them up by applying customer insights and business metrics
- You are comfortable giving and taking feedback and applying feedback to final designs
- You can handle multiple projects at the same time and are able to adjust priorities as our business needs change
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in the fast-paced environment of an early-stage startup that is operating remotely around the globe
- You have strong collaboration and relationship-building skills that allow you to build cross-functional relationships
Bonus points if…
- You have experience working in a high-growth product-led startup
- You have domain experience working in HR-tech and/or SaaS
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions, faster and bias-free.
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career.