Tanooki Labs: Experienced Full-Stack Rails Developer
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: New York, NY
TL;DR – All you can eat, flexible full-time or contract dev work and amazing products to work on.
Interested? Here’s the full story:
We are Tanooki Labs, a product and development studio based in New York City that works with entrepreneurs on early stage products.
We provide product-minded developers with fun projects to work on, as well as the flexibility and freedom to continue working on their own goals (be it recording an album, crafting your next app, or raising the newest member of your family).
We choose our clients and projects carefully, and every product we build requires us to tackle new and exciting challenges. We also reject the idea that software development has to feel like a grind. We work 35 hours per week, support flexible schedules, are family friendly, and work with both local and remote developers.
We’re looking for pragmatic developers who build with:
- empathy for the users
- a deep understanding of the product we’re building and our client’s businesses
- an eye towards writing well architected code
You should have:
- a strong background in full-stack Ruby on Rails
- experience developing applications from the ground up
- experience with behavior-driven development and unit testing
- a product-minded focus when creating applications
- good communication skills in English and a location in North America
We respect your time, so here’s what you can expect from the interview process:
- 15 minute introductory conversation with a Tanooki Labs co-founder.
- we pay you $250 for a 4 – 5 hour sample coding project.
- 1 hour walk through of your code with a Tanooki lead developer.
- you get an offer!
Please no recruiters or sub-contracting firms!