STAR (Student Training and Rotation) Program Intern (VT/STAR) – Wellington (Wellington, NZ, 6011)
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
About the Program:
Welcome to SAP’s Student Training & Rotation (STAR) Program. Our globally-run, integrated work-study program provides a unique opportunity for students studying Business or IT related specialisations to gain real-world experiences while completing the remaining 24 months of undergraduate studies. This paid rotational training program will give students a head start in building their career in Sales, Pre-Sales, Services or other tracks at SAP and help them achieve early success.
In this role as a STAR student, you will have the opportunity to:
- Experience rotations in areas such as Sales, Presales, Digital Transformation Office, Business Operations, Customer Success, Marketing, Innovation Centre, Value Engineering and other Sales and Services teams;
- Receive on-the-job and structured development and coaching from our Managers and leaders;
- Get paid to work part-time during the academic year, full-time over a semester break if you choose;
- Opportunity to earn academic credit through your university from this experience;
- Gain hands-on practical work experience and start building your professional network early.
At the end of the program, participants will have the opportunity to be considered for permanent opportunities within the business that will challenge and grow your current capabilities including our globally-recognised SAP Sales / Pre-Sales Academy.
What you’ll do:
- Position title: STAR (Student Training and Rotation) Program Intern (VT/STAR) – Wellington
- Location: Wellington, New Zealand
- Expected start date and duration: February 2023 for minimum 24 months duration
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who takes the initiative, perseveres, and stays curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energised by lifelong learning.
Our STAR Program candidates will be:
- Studying Degree(s) in Business and/or an IT-related major/second degree although other academic backgrounds will be considered
- Have at least 24 months remaining in their studies from next year (Targeted earliest graduation date by end of 2024)
- Strong presence and excellent communication skills in English
- Willing and able to work at least 2 days per week during semester (3 days preferred)
- Interested in technology, innovation, and how digital platforms can solve business challenges
- Problem-solvers who are ambitious, passionate, resilient, proactive, open-minded, and able to manage pressure
- Are good listeners, empathetic, collaborative and team-oriented
- Demonstrate multi-dimensional experience
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: [email protected]
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 348098 | Work Area: Sales | Expected Travel: 0 – 10% | Career Status: Vocational | Employment Type: Intern | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.