SOCi: Director of Product Management
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: San Diego, CA
SOCi is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the country, ranking in the top tier of Inc 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies in America list for the last 4 years in a row. The builder of an award-winning enterprise SaaS marketing platform, and one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers, SOCi boasts hundreds of the world’s largest brands as its customers. The SOCi platform specifically solves complicated marketing and workflow problems for national and global multi-location brands that want to scale and optimize their presence across search, social, reviews, listening, ads, bots, and more. As the largest localized marketing platform in the world, SOCi makes the impossible possible by enabling top brands and their locations to strengthen and scale their digital presence across limitless locations.
Our accolades include:
- Recently closed a Series D investment round of $80 million, led by JMI Equity
- 4x honoree on Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America
- 2x honoree on Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies
- 3x CEO Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year award
- Winner of the MarTech Breakthrough Award for Best Overall Social Media Management Platform
- #1 Rank by Entrepreneur magazine’s Top Marketing Providers for Franchises, three years in a row
- Front Runner for Gartner award in Reputation Management & Brand Management
- 2021 Honoree on Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers
Director of Product Management
Our product team drives the product vision and is responsible for the value and viability of our solutions. Through deep discovery and collaboration with our customers, we identify the right problems to solve and leverage design and engineering to deliver differentiated solutions that delight our customers.
As the Director of Product Management, you will collaborate with the VP of Product to identify the problems that we must address from a product perspective in order to deliver on the product strategy set by the VP of Product and executive leadership. You will own the day to day execution of product initiatives and are responsible for the success of our products and will lead 6-9 product team members each owning one of the SOCi products (Social, Reputation, Listings, Local Pages, Bots, Ads, Boost, Surveys, Listening). You will work with your counterparts in Product Operations, Design and Engineering to ensure the delivery of valuable and viable product improvements on an ongoing, iterative basis.
You have a deep understanding of modern product management practices from Marty Cagan and Dan Olsen school of thought, with a proven track record of practical application. You are well versed in establishing career development and skills growth plans for your product managers. You serve your team, you obsess over your customers, and you execute with precision and impact.
- You have product sense, are a leader and get things done
- You have a proven track record of delivering valuable products, consistently, rapidly and effectively from early stage (finding product-market fit) to mature products
- You will guide teams to deliver on product outcomes that align with the company’s strategy and are well versed in executing against OKRs
- You will coach and mentor product managers to be creative, strategic, execution focused and with a growth mindset
- You will coach product managers on product discovery techniques that help them focus on outcome and risk and to leverage the power of written narratives, JTBD, Kano models, customer benefit ladders, interviews, surveys, and other applicable frameworks to define and iterate on features
- You will instill a culture of rapid hypothesis testing, measurement, and the importance of consistently delivering differentiated and innovative products that solve customer and prospect biggest pain points
- You will create a repeatable process for hiring and developing product managers that can deliver on our strategic intent
- Define and analyze key metrics that inform decision making and measure success of product initiatives
- You will obsess over product health metrics and work with product operations to provide the business with visibility into how the product is performing
- Translate product strategy into roadmaps that are informed by the product managers discovery of customer problems, market and competitive research, cross-functional stakeholders and most importantly focus on a product outcome
- You will pivot as necessary and understand that it’s better to deliver value than to stick to a failing plan
- Deliver and communicate measurable business impact to the VP of Product, CTO and cross-functional leadership and teams
- Collaborate cross functionally with customer success, sales and marketing to ensure our product is being positioned and sold accurately and is well supported
- Build a business case for investment by articulating initiative recommendations and trade-offs to leadership and cross-functional stakeholders
- You will work with cross-functional leaders to communicate the product roadmap and deliver on GTM activities
- You are a high agency leader who knows how to hire and foster this growth mindset within a team
- You have a proven track record of inspiring, leading, and rallying cross-functional teams behind a product vision
- You understand the importance of a strong collaborative relationship with design and engineering
- You understand the importance of learning and will create safety for exploration and innovation to foster a learning organization
- You will obsess over the MarTech industry
- You will learn and leverage knowledge across the organization to stay abreast the latest industry trends in social media, marketing, seo, and customer experience
- You will learn and stay abreast of competitor changes but understand the most differentiated products keep an eye on the competitive landscape but obsess over their customers
- You will learn and obsess over our customers, from its buyers to its day to day users you understand that without knowing them deeply our products will fail
- You will learn and obsess over delivering solutions that solve customer problems in ways that work for the business (understanding cross-functional teams constraints and motivations)
- You will develop a deep understanding of our customers’ & prospects’ problems to be best equipped to guide our product team and deliver solutions that drive growth and customer retention & delight
- You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and join your product teams on customer discovery calls, testing, etc.
- 3-5 years of experience as Product Manager in SaaS / MarTech platform
- 3-5 years of experience managing product managers
- Deep understanding modern Product Management techniques (“Inspired” & “Empowered” [Cagan], “Lean Product Playbook” [Olsen], JTBD frameworks)
- Deep understanding of outcome-based measurements and the difference between feature factories and impactful true product teams
- Skilled in giving feedback, creating accountability and building trust (“Crucial Accountability” [Patterson], “Radical Candor” [Scott], “Speed of Trust” [Covey], etc)
- Deep understanding of creating and facilitating learning organizations (“Fifth Discipline” [Senge])
- Demonstrated track record of partnership with design and engineering
What’s SOCi’s culture like?
Led by a team of industry experts, SOCi is leading the pack in Localized Marketing for Multi-Location brands. Our passionate team of SOCialites work from home or in our office locations in both San Diego, CA and Austin, TX. We offer flexible PTO, comprehensive health & benefits packages, 401k and matching (amongst many other perks). Every new team member is equipped with a MacBook laptop, tech accessories & SOCi swag. We are a fast-paced, agile environment where thought leadership and input is encouraged. If you are looking for a place where you can come and make a difference in the way enterprise organizations utilize social technology, then SOCi is for you.
SOCi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.