Sendwave: Real-Time Workforce Coordinator
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Boston, MA 02134 USA
How we work
What we’re most proud of though is our brilliant, creative, and tenacious team. Our remote-first workplace means you’ll be working with Sendwavers in Europe, Africa, South America, and the U.S. that all share a core set of Sendwave values. What exactly are those values? Glad you asked.
There will always be more problems to solve and opportunities to pursue than we have the capacity for. We’re not afraid to say no and are willing to let fires burn, knowing that to win we must discern and execute decisively on the vital few rather than the important many.
Take full ownership of the outcomes we’re responsible for.
Our job is not to do what we can to solve a problem. It’s to ensure that problem is solved. If an attempt to solve a problem doesn’t work, we seek an alternative. If we need help, we request it, and, if necessary, demand it.
Forge a diverse team and inclusive culture.
We believe the challenges we’re addressing will be best met by a truly global, diverse team, working together. We’re not naive to the systemic bias and discrimination that make this easier said than done, so we check our egos, listen deeply, and measure progress towards making this a fundamental part of our success.
Maximize our rate of learning.
We view projects as ever-evolving drafts and welcome opportunities to discover that what we had in mind won’t work so we can move to an even better end state. Most importantly, we do this fast. The faster we run these loops — as a company and individuals — the faster we’ll achieve our mission.
Embrace embarrassing honesty from ourselves and others.
We function best when we’re open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts. We lean into uncomfortable conversations and support our colleagues when they do the same.
Maximize energy, not time spent.
We measure our own and others’ contributions by objectives reached, not time spent. Living a full life outside of work is necessary for high achievement over the long term.
Our Customer Care team has an immediate opening for a Real-Time Workforce Coordinator. In this role, you will work as part of the Support Operations Team performs forecasting, scheduling, and tracking of contact centre personnel to handle daily call volume to meet the service level and occupancy goals of the centre. To do this, we utilize the Playvox (formerly AgyleTime) Workforce Management technology integrated with the Talkdesk telephony and Zendesk ticket management platforms.
Your Key Area of Focus:
- Provide contact centre agents with a working schedule for the business week, incorporating all business requirements (training, coaching, meetings, etc.) as well as forecasting and scheduling assumptions
- Monitor and manage key call centre operating metrics from multiple channels on the quarter-hour, hourly and daily interval levels and compare to scheduled personnel, ensuring the contact centre is staffed correctly to meet customer and client expectations.
- Create and maintain work schedules of contact centre personnel to meet daily workload (interval call volume, average handle time, client billable hours, hours of operation, etc.).
- Coordinate with Customer Care management for activities (i.e., phone, non-phone) that need to be scheduled and provide realistic schedules based on current staff resources and performance.
- Ensure Customer Care management has the proper data to approve time-off requests such as team meetings, additional agent training, and all other future schedule exceptions.
- Maintain agent-level schedules and attendance tracking which includes recording absenteeism and tardiness of agents (real-time adherence). Escalate real-time schedule adherence negative impacts on management.
- Adjust intra-day staffing schedules to meet service level targets.
- Administer and maintain PTO and other time off allowances for contact centre personnel.
- Regularly monitor trends and flag any changes that may impact resource allocation
- Work with Customer Care managers to manage intra-day operations by verifying call volume, call handle time, etc. throughout the day, making adjustments to ensure centre performance goals are met.
- Manage staff allocation changes during unexpected events (app outages, telecom issues) to ensure service level targets.
- Update and maintain interval, daily, weekly, and monthly historical data.
- Collect and summarize agent productivity, unaccounted time, adherence, etc. data as well as call metrics data.
- Assist with the integration and implementation of new call centre technologies.
- Interact with vendor technical resources (Talkdesk, Zendesk, Playvox) to resolve issues that cannot be cleared within the team, including creating & managing trouble tickets in the respective vendors’ ticketing systems.
- During service interruptions, contact call centre management and IT teams and, when required, interface with vendor support regarding problem-solving. Document business impact and communicate with Management.
What you bring to the table:
- 2-year college graduate/associate degree or higher, or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced English speaker. Fluent in verbal and written business English.
- 2+ years of experience working in a contact centre.
- A minimum of 1 year of workforce administration/real-time adherence experience in a contact centre environment.
- Experience with contact centre workforce management software applications required (with preference to Playvox/AgyleTime Workforce Management platform).
- Experience with contact centre telephony and ticket management technologies (Talkdesk and Zendesk preferred).
- Experience in multi-channel queue management (call/emails/chat) is preferable.
- Intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Excel (i.e., creating spreadsheets, VLOOKUPs, pivot tables, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience working directly with application users to troubleshoot issues with application functionality or performance.
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
- Detail-oriented with good organization and time management skills.
- Thrive as a team player in a fast-paced, high-energy, change-oriented environment
- Ability to work and respond with minimal direction and supervision.
- Strong problem-solving skills and quick identification of trends to resolve issues.
- High reliability and adaptability to work a variable schedule to cover 24×7 contact center hours of operations including weekends.
- Competitive compensation and equity.
- Our company is 100% remote and has been since we were founded. Sendwave hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however, some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Recruiting team can help answer any questions about location as we move further into recruiting process. For this role, we are targeting candidates to cover the US Pacific Standard Time Zone.
- Major benefits:
- Subsidized health insurance and retirement contribution matching (both vary from country to country)
- 26 weeks of fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement
- $10,000 annual charitable donation matching
And best of all:
- Our team of over 400 employees, fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and coworking spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world.
- Proud parents, community organizers, farmers, play in bands, teach yoga, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
- Our new collaborators at WorldRemit, another remittance company. We recently joined forces, and we’re excited about the ways we can continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Sendwave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up every day.