SAP iXp Intern – Quality Engineer (Newport Beach, CA, US, 92660)
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
About the SAP Internship Experience Program
The SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP’s global, strategic, paid internship program that provides university students with opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP
1. Culture of collaboration: meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
2. Project-driven experience: gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
3. Gain visibility: with SAP Internship Experience Program in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team
SAP Eureka at Newport Beach is a relatively new technology center that is building enterprise software in the cloud. We are an on-site team with partners in Shanghai that we work regularly with. We have three beautiful office spaces on the water in Newport Beach for team collaboration.
What you’ll do:
Position title: SAP iXp Intern – Quality Engineer
Location: Newport Beach, California – please note that roles will be remote until local guidelines ensure safe office reopenings
Expected start date: July 2022
In this role,
- Work collaboratively on an agile scrum team of 5-10 teammates
- Ensure newly developed features are bug-free by:
- Collaboratively authoring test plans that describe the scope, approach, resources, and schedule of intended test activities
- Running manual test cases and reporting defects for any anomalies found during testing, define severity and priority for each defect
- Develop test cases and prioritize testing activities
- Ensure end-to-end quality of Intelligent Trade Claims Management by
- Carrying out exploratory tests and running regression tests to ensure system stability
- Gain exposure to Behavior Driven Development, run ongoing manual tests, and learn how to write automated tests using the latest test automation technologies like Gatling, Cucumber, Rest Assured, etc.
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stays curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- Driven individual who is willing to learn
- Team player who can work in a collaborative environment
- Exposure to Test Management Tool such as Jira is a plus
- Knowledge of Software Testing Lifecycle and Testing Best Practices
- Willingness to learn and contribute across various types of tests, including Integration, Ad-Hoc, Functional, End to End, Sanity, System, Negative and Regression
- Have a basic understanding of QA methodology
Follow @SAPiXp on Instagram and don’t miss anything about our experiences worldwide!
SAP DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas:[email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: [email protected]
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Requisition ID: 343110 | Work Area: Software-Quality Assurance | Expected Travel: 0 – 10% | Career Status: Student | Employment Type: Intern | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid