SAP iXp Intern – Customer Experience, Executive Business Assistant (Vancouver, British Columbia, CA, V6B 1A9)
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
About the SAP Internship Experience Program
The SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP’s global, strategic, paid internship program that provides university students with opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP
- Culture of collaboration: meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: with SAP Internship Experience Program in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do
Position Title: SAP iXp Intern – Customer Experience, Executive Business Assistant
Location: Vancouver, BC
Expected start date to end date: September 06, 2022 – April 28, 2023
In this role, you’ll
The role of executive business assistant to the Head of Commerce is a unique career development opportunity as you will be able to accompany the executive throughout his day and regularly take part in strategic meetings and presentations, which will allow you to develop a thorough understanding of the business and strategy. You will also gain exposure to various global and regional leaders and will develop a very valuable international network. This role focuses on the day-to-day management of the Head of Commerce, including preparation of meetings, following up with crisp, precise and meaningful minutes, tracking of action items and managing the inbox which includes prioritizing, delegating and following up where appropriate.
You will be moderating meetings like the Leadership Meeting, as well as preparing the agenda and aligning with the speakers. For All Hands Meetings, you will prepare and coordinate the agenda and content with the speakers.
Supporting the Head of Commerce in creating executive and supervisory board relevant content will also be part of your job.
Commerce is a very dynamic team that gives a lot of room for learning, growth and for shaping the role according to your own strengths and interests, e.g., through participating in strategy exercises or customer meetings etc.
This role includes a very close interaction with the Office of the President CX, other L2 offices within CX as well as with our GTM organization.
You will work closely with our Commerce COO, HRBP and Executive Assistant on a daily level.
As Executive Business Assistant you will be
- Coordinate the preparation of unit-related strategic and business reviews with the LT team and/or L1 Team, Executive Board
- Actively manage the inbox of the executive with the Administrative Assistant, read and respond to correspondence independently or as agreed with management
- Prepare the Executive’s agenda daily together with his administrative assistant
- Manage and prepare internal and external meetings, meeting minutes, projects, documentation and correspondence which may also require collecting, organizing, and analyzing data across teams
- Collaborate with various teams and departments to support various projects
- Develop strong working relationships with members of the LT and with stakeholders who regularly interact with the Executive – become a trusted advisor and facilitator
Who you are
We are looking for an empathic, enthusiastic and well-structured talent with great communication and networking skills who is diving into topics and can structure tasks and activities in a very self-sufficient way. Given the highly strategic environment, we require flexibility, stress resilience and always staying on top of things.
Additionally, you will bring
- Strong problem-solving skills. You have a can-do mindset and are proactive, creative and solution-oriented
- True team player with the ability to influence and lead without authority
- Strong communication skills and networker with ability to connect people and topics
- Strong multitasker with ability to change topics while keeping track of priorities
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal skills at executive and project team levels
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Or academic degree/ educational background in Business Administration, Business Informatics and Economics – MBA is a plus.
Follow @SAPiXp on Instagram and don’t miss anything about our experiences worldwide!
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: [email protected]
This position is eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program subject to the eligibility criteria outlined in the SAP Internal Employee Referral Policy.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Requisition ID: 350798 | Work Area: Administration | Expected Travel: 0 – 10% | Career Status: Student | Employment Type: Intern | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid