PRI: Drupal Engineer
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Manalapan, NJ
If you are passionate about technology and working toward a more sustainable and equitable future, come join our close-knit team of professionals! PRI is a digital consultancy that leverages strategic thinking, engineering, and storytelling to create impactful digital experiences for mission-driven organizations. We seek highly motivated, creative problem-solvers who bring diverse perspectives. We are based out of New Jersey but are a globally distributed team.
We are looking for a full-time Drupal Engineer to develop, maintain and deploy enterprise-level Drupal applications. You will be responsible for all aspects of the development of Drupal applications for the client and be part of their engineering team. You will be expected to coordinate with the PRI engineering team and manage a team of offsite developers.
This is a full-time, fully remote position. All PRI roles operate within Eastern Time Zone business hours.
Role and Responsibilities
- Understand project requirements and translate them into code
- Meet with various stakeholders to understand their requirements and translate them into a project plan
- Plan code structures based on tech stack and project requirements
- Participate in design handoff meetings with designers
- Understand all aspects of a design system and convert them into high-quality code
- Break projects down into manageable tasks and group them into sprints
- Hand tasks off to other team members and follow up on progress
- Design and produce custom modules, plugins, services, and themes
- Adhere to coding best practices and satisfy accessibility requirements
- Thoroughly test code before committing to the codebase
- Follow development workflow and commit code to a shared codebase
- Assist in managing hosting infrastructure on AWS
- Manage CI/CD pipelines and integrate test automation
- Refine existing Github Actions, participate in deployment activities, and orchestrate deployments
- Advanced Drupal development
- Experience working in a headless architecture
- Dockerize Drupal applications and refine as needed
- Develop new features
- Fix bugs efficiently using debugging tools
- Refactor code and apply security patches and software updates as needed
Knowledge and Skills
- You are hyper-organized, detail-oriented, and able to take ownership of projects to ensure they are completed to the highest levels of quality and meet deadlines
- 5+ years of experience and direct working knowledge with:
- Drupal CMS
- MySQL, Postgres, Aurora DB, or similar databases
- Git command line and GitHub actions
- Web Services and REST API
- Managing ECS Fargate services and refining or refactoring as needed in the AWS eco-space
- Understanding and working with various tools in AWS like ECS, S3, ECR, Elasticache (Redis), RDS (MySQL or Aurora), Cloudfront, and CloudFormation
- Security and compliance in AWS cloud
- Load and performance testing
- You have good written and verbal communication skills
- You are comfortable working under pressure and meeting challenging deadlines
- You are professional and comfortable working with senior executives
- You have experience working with distributed teams
Nice to Have
- JS Frameworks: React, Angular, or Vue js
- Compute services like Lambda
- Familiarity with Command-line Interfaces
- Creative tools like Figma or Adobe Creative Cloud
- Google Analytics
More About Careers at PRI
- We offer exceptional employee benefits like paid time off, healthcare coverage, retirement plan matching, and more!
- We are committed to supporting your professional growth through development and training opportunities at all levels of your career.
- As a BIPOC-owned organization, we embrace inclusivity and diversity.
- We put our values at the center of all we do, and we seek candidates who do the same.
Please note we will not accept applications that do not include a cover letter and work examples.