pr.co: Front-end developer
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Brands like WeTransfer, VanMoof, Dolby, Ace & Tate, and Lynk & Co all care a lot about their brands and how they are perceived. Their branding is unique, visual, memorable, and they are great communicators.
If you want to work for fast-growing design-centric brands and build newsrooms and exciting user experiences them — this role is for you.
Who will be successful in this role?
- You have 2+ years of experience in building web apps
- You have worked in a product development team that develops a SaaS product or service that builds customer trust through accessible and reliable user experiences
- You can quickly see and easily distill what visual elements make a strong brand
- You have experience with Vue.js and/or React
- You are familiar with modern web development processes
- You are self-motivated and able to work autonomously in an efficient manner
- You have experience working in a remote product development team
- Bonus: You have prior work experience in design or branding, either at a creative agency, at a design education, or a design-centric company
- Bonus: You have experience with Ruby / Ruby on Rails
What you get for building great user experiences:
- A salary based on Dutch industry standards and your experience
- A friendly, vibrant, diverse and ambitious team
- The freedom to work from anywhere you want within Europe
- Budget to set up a productive home workstation (we also pay your internet bill)
- A company provided MacBook Pro
- The option to rent a desk at a local co-working space
- An annual team retreat somewhere in Europe
- Regular (online and IRL) get-togethers, like movie and pizza nights, Amsterdam boat rides, casual coffee dates, and more
- A chance to make a difference and become a crucial component in a fast-growing company
What you’ll do
- Build new features and improve existing user experiences
- Style customer newsrooms to extensive brand guides
- Turn high-fidelity designs or hand-drawn sketches into interactive user interfaces
- Work on internal projects to help colleagues work more efficiently
- Come up with new feature ideas and ways to improve our development processes
- Work closely together with our developers and product designer
- Together with your team, plan upcoming development cycles
- Scope projects from a technical perspective and break down the work into smaller pieces
- Demo your work, share winnings and celebrate successes
As a creative front-end developer at pr.co you will put your creativity to work in a broad range of exciting areas.
Newsrooms: Companies choose to work with pr.co because design and branding runs in our DNA. We have the best-branded newsrooms in the market. Our newsrooms can be extensively styled to perfectly match the brand of our customer’s look and feel. As our creative front-end developer, you will be the branding expert who brands every new newsroom we launch. You will bring newsrooms onto the world wide web for the most design-centric companies out there. (Check out these newsrooms: Dolby, WeTransfer, Lynk&Co & Remote)
Core app development: You are part of our core product development team. You will work together with an experienced team of engineers and designers to ship new features for our newsroom product and our core app (the back-end system where our customers manage their newsrooms and content). As the newsroom and branding expert in our team, you have a strong influence on how we could improve that product. (See what we ship in our changelog)
Technical support projects: Our customers mean everything to us. You will collaborate a lot with our Customer Support team to pick up and resolve the technical requests our customers have. A few recent technical projects: rebrand the newsroom for a bank, implement Chinese language version for large tech brand in the USA, set up a custom cookies banner for a food delivery brand in Europe. (See what customers say about us)
Creativity, development, design, and the customer all sit at the heart of this role. A special mix of responsibilities and skills that keeps your work exciting and rewarding.