Playco: Engineering Manager (Web3)
via We Work Remotely
Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play!
We are a remote-first Series A company who recently raised $100m in series A funding, backed by Sequoia Capital. Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, low ego, and hardworking professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are passionate makers and tinkerers with a healthy disregard for constraints and a love of experimentation. We hope you’ll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life!
About This Role
As an Engineering Manager at Playco, you will play a pivotal role in redefining blockchain social gaming experiences. You will lead engineers on the Web3 team in building elegant and innovative platforms and tools that enable communities to create, publish and share blockchain powered games. The ideal leader is excited about the community driven aspect of social games where creators can provide fun experiences using crypto-assets.
Playco’s games are played by millions of people world wide. We are a remote-first company with employees in 26 countries and growing, with offices in Mountain View and San Francisco, California, and Tokyo, Japan, and Seoul, South Korea. If you want to join us to make great games on our cutting edge technology and truly make an impact, then we want to talk to you!
- Lead a team of highly skilled engineers to deliver polished features on a consistent basis in a high pace environment. We deploy code multiple times a day to millions of users across the world.
- Manage the development and deployment processes – make sure that the features are shipped optimally and product stays healthy once they hit production.
- Ensure our gaming services are performant, reliable and efficient. Our services must scale to millions of users.
- Design, review and sometimes write code – this is a hands-on engineering role and you will be directly involved in the design and development of new features, and reviewing code.
- Provide mentorship and feedback to teammates to make your team the best version of itself. Motivate and encourage everyone to give their best work.
- Collaborate with other leaders around the company to prioritize and execute against technology needs across game teams.
- Work with the heads of our core engineering groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Experience managing a team of engineers.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a remote team environment.
- Attention to detail – any code that makes it into the product will affect millions of users immediately.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Self starter, analytical and creative.
- Solid familiarity with analytics and A/B testing
- Strong team player with a positive attitude.
- Experience writing clean, testable, high-quality code and designing highly scalable systems in production.
- Solid familiarity with Git and GitHub
- Solid familiarity with deployment on AWS cloud environments
- We are a growing distributed team that embraces remote work. You must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment and multiple time zones.
- Experience working in Web3 with blockchain technology
Playco is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that our differences are our strength and we know that diversity builds a better team.