Pixie: Full Stack Engineer – Ruby / Rails + ES6 / VueJs
via We Work Remotely
Do you love that feeling when you ship a product to your customers and they go “THAT’S IT! this is exactly what we needed”?
We’re looking for talented software engineers to work with us on the next iteration of our platform that has been receiving the above feedback. It will lay the foundation to accelerate our growth and shake the market with an ambitious vision of what practice management for accountants and bookkeepers means in 2022.
You will work with a fresh codebase and architecture, built with Rails 7 and the latest VueJs 3 framework, running in a Kubernetes AWS infrastructure. You will be challenged to make many technical choices regarding implementation and architecture.
As this is a Full Stack role you will be trusted to take user stories to their conclusion ie. shipping and owning the initial iterations. You will work very closely with our Product Designer and Head of Engineering to shape the features and accompanying UX journeys for our customers.
Our engineering team
We are building a highly-talented, mostly distributed team with a collaborative culture, where every day you will get the opportunity to be involved and influence design and technical decisions, see customers in action and directly interact with them to deliver the best solution in the market.
- 6+ years of previous hands-on engineering experience
- Strong track record working in sophisticated Ruby on Rails applications coupled with ES6+ UI
- Excellent understanding/use of agile values, good testing practices, pair programming etc
- Ability to take a User Story to its full conclusion
- Ample experience conducting code reviews and strong analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable working in a small team where your role will vary
- Ability to communicate challenges and solutions clearly within a team of people
- High energy and motivation to deliver quality features to the customer
Essential development skills
- Ruby on Rails (used daily)
- VueJs (our ES6+ framework of choice)
- Html / CSS
- Unit and Integration testing / RSpec
- Agile / Kanban / Scrum
- Tailwind UI
- Docker / Kubernetes
- JSON API Schema conventions
- Terraform / AWS
- CI / GitLab / GitHub
Remote work requirements
- You must have access to a safe, comfortable, and ergonomic workspace and working environment – a private and quiet workspace is vital for doing your best work
- Your working hours effortlessly overlap with our working hours
- You’re comfortable doing calls with video switched on, and your reliable internet connection allows you to do screen sharing without constant hiccups
- Base salary up to £80,000 depending on experience, plus 0.3%-0.5% in share options
- £2,000 budget for new hardware – although we’re an Apple shop, we’re happy to get your preferred choice of laptop
- Standing desk if you’re working out of our London office
- A collaborative environment where you can learn about and influence every aspect of the business
- UK pension scheme
- 30 days of holidays, plus bank holidays and birthdays off
- Discretionary growth budget for learning (eg. books, courses), gym, etc.
- Plenty of room and support to continue growing professionally
- Access to industry thought-leaders via our investors’ platforms and networks