Pixellu: Lead Product Designer
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Seattle, USA
We are Pixellu, a software company on a mission to take the work out of running a photography business so photographers can do what they love. We are seeking a world-class Lead Product Designer to head our product design. You’ll be working with the Head of Product, CEO, and CTO to develop a product design vision and execute on that vision with the help of fellow designers, product managers, and engineering. In this role, you will be both a designer on a major product and a leader of other product designers.
This is not a “sit in the office and plan” role. This is a role where you will be with the exec team one day, and in the trenches the next. Expect to roll up your sleeves and be in the weeds, doing the work.
😎 YOUR ROLE
Pixellu currently has three main products – SmartAlbums, SmartSlides, and Galleries. You would be the designer responsible for one of these products, while leading the other two designers.
Your job will be to:
- Research: Conduct user research and testing.
- Plan: Help shape the product vision, strategy, and prioritization.
- Prototype: Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes, and visual design. Build functional prototypes to validate and test your designs.
- Interaction design: Design simple, streamlined, data-driven, user-centric experiences that delight users.
- Lead: Lead our small team of product designers. Set standards, inspire, motivate, manage, and execute.
Aside from the standard job description, here is what we most value in a candidate:
- Obsession with simplicity and intuitive interactions
- Mastery and appreciation of color, space, typography, iconography, illustration, and UX laws
- Thorough knowledge of the latest trends in UX/UI
- People & communication skills
- Data-driven decision making
- 4+ years of experience in designing, shipping, and maintaining products
- 🌎 Work from anywhere with a good internet connection — our team is 100% remote and distributed all over the world, across 15 countries.
- 🕙 Freedom to choose your own working hours — We have three “required online hours” which are 8-11 am Pacific Time. Outside of those hours, you are free to work at whatever time of day suits you best. Structure your work around your kids, family, hobbies, and around the time of day that you know you are most productive.
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience level and your local cost of living considerations.
- 📈 You get rewarded as we grow. As a Pixellu employee, you’ll become part of our Quarterly Profit-Sharing program where you’ll receive bonuses based on seniority and role as Pixellu continues to grow.
- Paid parental leave.
- 🏝 22 paid days off annually, with the ability to make up missed days on weekends.
🚀 ABOUT PIXELLU
At Pixellu, we know professional photographers are frustrated with all of the tedious work required to run a successful photography business. Many get so overwhelmed, they end up quitting on their dream of having a photography career. That is why we create easy-to-use, time-saving software that takes the work out of running a photography business so photographers can get back to doing what they love, creating art.
Pixellu was co-founded in 2010 by two wedding photographers. Faced with the challenges of long hours and endless tasks, we began asking ourselves, “How can we save valuable time, make more money, and get our lives back?” Our answer was technology. We started Pixellu with the idea that we could make money by providing an honest service that helped photographers save time and live more fulfilling lives. We believed that, by focusing on a great product and great service, we could build a business that not only does good, but also does well.
Today, we are a team of 35 team members spread across 15 countries, serving tens of thousands of photographers in over 100 countries.
Our vision is for Pixellu to become the foundation of more than 1 million successful photography businesses, so that photographers can focus on doing what they love while we automate the rest of their work. We are becoming the bridge between their camera and clients — all they would need to do is upload their photos to Pixellu.
We embrace the spirit of autonomous teams that are empowered to change the photography world while having a healthy work-life balance.
Click here to learn more about us and why you’ll love working at Pixellu.