Oomph, Inc.: Drupal Back-end Engineer
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Providence, RI
Hi there — We’re Oomph, a small but fierce digital services firm headquartered in the small but fierce state of RI. We’re hiring a full time, fully remote Drupal Back-end Engineer who can work with us from anywhere in the US.
Because your time is valuable, let’s point out immediately what’s in it for you:
- A supportive team culture to bring your whole self
- Flexibility to adapt your schedule and control your own time for healthier work/life
- Clarity around compensation and advancement
- 20 days of paid time off per year, plus 8 paid holidays, and your birthday
- Company laptop, WFH set up allowance, and a $2k annual WFH stipend
- Paid parental leave, paid sabbatical and paid time for professional development
- Medical, dental, vision, short & long term disability and life insurance coverage
- 401(k) plan with 4% company match
- Zero commute — flexibility to work from where you are within the US
- Proud member of 1% for the Planet
If you are a Back-end Engineer who knows Drupal, and wants to explore this opportunity further (we hope you do), here’s what gives you an edge once applying:
Drupal chops! Can’t budge on this one, it’s the primary CMS we work with.
- You’ve delivered large scale Drupal solutions
- Have a solid understanding of Drupal 8/9 architecture and APIs
- Proven experience developing custom modules
- Comfortable integrating Drupal with 3rd party APIs
- Bonus points: you’ve implemented Drupal in a decoupled architecture
Quality coding and experience with:
- Version control workflows, pull requests, and peer reviews
- Local development environments such as Lando/DDEV
- JS frameworks (React/Gatsby/Next/Angular/Vue/Nuxt)
Experience working in a professional services firm. For us, this means:
- Tracking your time — time tracking is imperative to our success
- Variety of work — sometimes it’s cutting edge, sometimes not and you can move agiley between projects
- You thrive in a self-directed environment and can collaborative effectively
Equally important soft skills. For us, this means you:
- Problem-solve through creativity, flexibility, curiosity, and resourcefulness
- Are adaptaptive when met with project ambiguity and uncertainty
- Communicate proactively, clearly and with positive intent
- Drive growth (your own and others’) through clear and actionable feedback
Clarity around our published salary range:
At Oomph, our engineering career track is based on 5 levels. We’re currently seeking folks who can demonstrate mid-level or senior-level knowledge, skills and abilities (including those required Drupal chops mentioned above) as a back-end engineer. Mid-level salary range for this role at Oomph is $75-85k and senior is $85-95k.
A Bit More About Us:
Oomph is an award-winning digital services firm. Through the creation, implementation, and operation of highly strategic digital platforms, we help companies and brands strengthen their connections to customers, partners, and employees. For 15 years, our team of strategists, creatives, and technologists has been navigating the ever-changing digital landscape to provide innovative solutions that drive business outcomes.
We are driven. We are smart. We are personal.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
US work authorization is required. Oomph, Inc. participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information, please review the E-Verify Employee Rights and Responsibilities here: https://www.e-verify.gov/employees/employee-rights-and-responsibilities
A successful candidate will also be subject to a background check, based on requirements of the position. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify a candidate.To learn more about your legal rights as a job applicant, please visit https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/guidance/background-checks-what-job-applicants-and-employees-should-know.