Onko Health: DevOps Engineer
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: London (Paddington)
Onko Health is hiring a remote DevOps engineer for our cancer support application engineering team, shaping and evolving our methods, tooling and automation.
We’re a healthtech scaleup company. Our cancer health journey mobile apps blend remote support and coaching from expert oncology practitioners with self-help approaches, backed by a data handling platform.
We serve a number of UK healthcare providers and NHS trusts, delivering improved outcomes for patient health and care giving. We’re bringing development in-house, growing a new engineering team to deliver upon our ambitious international growth plans.
You will become integral to our Agile approaches, owning engineering automation, shaping the build and deploy pipelines, participating in software development process discussions and enabling engineers to fully embrace the DevOps mindset.
Your role includes
- Managing the AWS infrastructure (Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, S3, VPC, CloudFront etc.)
- Managing developer access to the AWS infrastructure (IAM)
- Setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines and empowering developers to release to production
- Attending Agile ceremonies, articulating the needs and considerations for nimble and harmonious DevOps
- Collaborating with developers on the build process for our four code bases, written with Angular and TypeScript, Node.js, iOS and Android
We’re looking for
- Good knowledge of the AWS platform (certification is a plus)
- Competence with AWS CodePipeline with CodeCommit (Git)
- Competence with observability, performance and health monitoring (preferably AWS CloudWatch)
- A solid understanding of effective DevOps for web and mobile application engineering
- Good competence with Linux
- Ability to work in a progressive Agile environment
You may also bring – or like to gain – skills or interests around any of
Monitoring application performance | observability, auditing | exploring DevOps tools/methods
Salary and benefits
- £60,000 – £80,000 – reviewed at six months – we’re keeping an open mind
- Share scheme for formative team members (once proven value to the business)
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and five days unpaid leave
- Flexible working practices – tell us what you need – e.g. optional four day week
- Personal development plan that you can shape, with budget for related training/certifications