Oddball: Java Engineer
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Washington D.C.
Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Java Engineer to help build, improve and build out both the front and backend code that interfaces with external systems. Working hand in hand with other engineers in developing end-to-end testing solutions and API endpoints and services. Day to day work will involve writing code, developing tests, and debugging. Room for growth to work on various applications and teams within the Platform as we continue to expand and grow.
We are looking for someone with the following skill set
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3+ years of technical experience
- 3+ years experience working with Spring Boot
- Experience with Flutter, Docker, and/or AWS is a plus
- A solid understanding of API design and how backend systems work
- Has strong analytical and problem solving skills, and is able to identify multiple approaches to problem solving and recommend the best solution.
- Self-starter who can come up to speed quickly. Works with little direction and supervision, makes time for unplanned assignments, and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle – from gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements to creating application system models
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and take initiative in performing tasks.
- Team-player must be able to work professionally and collaboratively with the government customer and other contract members of the project team.
Must be located within the US
Ability to obtain low-level federal clearance is required
This is a salaried role. As part of your benefits package, Oddball provides a continuing education stipend and a tech stipend per month.
Oddball is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact an Oddball HR representative to request such an accommodation.