Obama Foundation: Content Migration + QA Coordinator (Contract)
via We Work Remotely
Dates of Engagement:
Starting early September, 2022
6-month contract, with possibility of extension
Reporting to Web Management Associate, Product + Technology
$30/hr, capped at 40hrs/week
Purpose of the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Content Migration + QA Coordinator for a six-month contract, with the possibility of an extension, to support the Obama.org replatforming team in the migration and QA of front-end content and internal publishing workflow of our new content management system (CMS).
- Assists with the migration and building of web pages in the new CMS.
- Assists with Quality Assurance (QA) testing of the internal and external user facing Obama.org experience and to meet provided specifications (including but not limited to):
- Writes concise bug reports and provides all relevant supporting information such as screenshots, videos, explanation in an issue log.
- Communicates with other team members during the QA process to ensure nothing is missed.
- Checks that all media in the media library has alternate text (alt text) and flags in the issue log if it does not.
- Checks that all web pages have SEO image and description filled in and flags in the issue log if it does not.
- Assists with defining test cases for Quality Assurance (QA) testing.
- Tests front-end content of Obama.org on mobile and desktop devices, via tools like Browserstack.
- Works collaboratively with internal stakeholders to migrate and QA content, from WordPress to Contentful.
- Partner on a regular basis with the internal Product, Engineering, Design, and Creative & Communications teams to move through content migration and site QA; identify and help resolve of any blockers to migration and site launch
- Fluent in content management and other relevant/similar systems — past experience with Contentful preferred
- Familiar with Jira, our system for logging issues and bugs
- Ability to work independently and project management tasks to align with the team’s roadmap and timelines
Please apply online. In your application, you will be asked to provide your resume/CV.