Numbrs Personal Finance AG: Java Software Engineer
via We Work Remotely
Numbrs develops and provides an industry-leading, highly secure storage solution for digital currencies and aims to develop global wealth preservation for the 21st century. By constantly challenging the status quo we are able to exceed our clients’ expectations while maintaining a unique company culture.
Numbrs is a Swiss company controlled by Swiss shareholders, adhering to the Swiss standards of privacy, neutrality and stability. We are looking for world-class talents with the desire and ability to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain.
We are seeking an experienced, dedicated, and well-organized Java Software Engineerto join our remote engineering team. This position will require someone who is adaptable in a changing environment and who is passionate about delivering high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
You will be a part of a team that is responsible for developing, releasing, monitoring and troubleshooting large scale micro-service based distributed systems with high transaction volume. You enjoy learning new things and are passionate about developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design. You are a great teammate who thrives in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering problems as much as solving them.
- You can thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and a talent for delivering out-of-the-box ideas are essential
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a solution that works every time.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- A Bachelor’s or higher degree in the technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Strong hands-on experience with Java (minimum 4 years)
- Experience with high volume production-grade distributed systems
- Experience with micro-service based architecture
- Experience with software engineering best practices, coding standards, code reviews, testing and operations
- Hands-on experience with Spring Boot
- Professional experience in writing readable, testable and self-sustaining code
- Knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Excellent troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and interpersonal skill
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Kafka, Spark, and Cassandra
- Experience with CI/CD toolchain products like Jira, Stash, Git, and Jenkins
- Fluent with functional, imperative and object-oriented languages;
- Experience with Scala, C++, or Golang
- Knowledge of Machine Learning
What we offer
- An opportunity to work on the most exciting challenges in the crypto industry
- Collaboration with some of the smartest and the most talented experts in technology
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact
- Fully remote company, at which every person is free to live and work wherever they want