Network Engineer (Bratislava, SK, 821 09)
What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Do you demand the best from your professional career? Are you inspired by excellence? At SAP, you will have the power to make a real impact. As the global market leader for business software, SAP helps companies and organizations in more than 25 industries to Run Simple.
We are looking for Network Operations Engineers who are responsible for the day-to-day operation of network infrastructure. Ideal candidates have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and the ability to administer and troubleshoot network infrastructure to deliver exceptional support to our customers.
If you are a Networking Engineer (f/m/d) with experience with Arista or Cisco switching, Cisco routing, & F5 loadbalancing experience, and wish to be part of global team supporting world-class Cloud Operations, you could be the perfect match for this job.
We are in the midst of a great transformation inside Central Infrastructure Operations so flexibility within the team as we evolve is a must! You must demonstrate the ability to be successful in a fluid, agile, and team-oriented environment.
As part of a pool of shared resources, ability to juggle competing demands are key to success here. The key service areas in our 24×7 high availability, high change throughput context are:
- Incident management – managing the next level of incident escalation beyond the help desk, and prior to support from the dedicated stack engineers.
- Change management – Supporting the transition from manual to automated execution wherever possible, and supporting change planning and manual execution where necessary.
- Problem management –Root Cause investigation from a technology point of view, and the execution of corrective and preventative measures that arise from RCAs.
- Project Support – for key delivery initiatives, some engineering resources work on initiatives supporting the stack functions
- Service Requests – Execute requests and support automation and simplification of service catalog.
- Operate and maintain date center cloud networks, track significant problems, monitor performance, and perform upgrades to hardware and software as required.
- Respond to and resolve alerts and tickets generated from the monitoring system and/or customer requests in a timely fashion.
- Provide project support on improvement initiatives.
- Address continual improvement measures as a result of the problem management process.
- Assist senior support for deep level incident troubleshooting
- Assist complex change preparation and execution.
- Other support tasks, duties, and responsibilities, e.g. hardware installations, troubleshooting, and administration.
Key Performance Measures
- Ticket SLAs and KPIs are achieved
- Escalation procedures, policies and working practices are adhered to All records relating to Service Requests, Incidents, Change, Problems and Knowledge Management are completed accurately and within defined SLAs
- Projects are delivered in line with project quality standards
- Minimum 2 years of data center network infrastructure experience
- Good understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- A dedication to operating with the highest standards of availability and scale
- In depth knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite required
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including data center EVPN switching & routing fabric, firewall, routers, switches and loadbalancers
- Good experience across vendor network operating systems (e.g. IOS XE, NXOS, IOS XR, eOS) required
- Experience with Network technologies (BGP, HSRP, VRRP, Routing Domains, VLANís, VxLAN, VRF, etc.) is a plus
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and cross organizations.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Network security experience.
Strong verbal and written communication skills:
- Command of the English language is required
- Proficiency in German is a plus
- Dedication to the concept of Continuous improvement.
- Willingness to work rotating on-call shifts, 8×5 on weekdays and 24h weekends and holidays.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected].
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:328566 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 – 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: