Listings Project: Product/UX Designer
via We Work Remotely
bout the Role:
Listings Project is seeking a Product/UX Designer to join our small, all-remote, community-based, twenty-year-old company. As our Product Designer, you will work closely with our leadership team to plan the overall direction of our product and translate those high-level product goals into a delightful design and excellent user experience rooted in equity, diversity, and justice. You will be involved in all phases of the design process and responsible for delivering designs from concept, implementation, through deployment.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to understand business goals, community needs to shape and identify product priorities and direction
- Create high-fidelity designs and production-ready design assets
- Collaborate with CTO (the “engineering team”) to implement designs in the final product
- Gather, analyze, and glean actionable insights from our community and customer experience team for continually improving our product user experience
About You: A successful candidate must have the following skills and experience:
- Product Design Experience. Vast and recurring success in a product or user experience (UX) design role for the web and a track record of delivering excellent web application user experience designs including thoughtful interface and interaction design. You are familiar with the capabilities and constraints of modern HTML, CSS, and other front-end web technologies.
- Design Point of View. You have an excellent understanding eye for detail, aesthetic design, and customer appeal. You are a champion for designs that sustain our commitment to our justice-focused community.
- Communication and Collaboration. Thrives working with an all-remote team, with excellent communication, collaborative and organization skills. You communicate promptly, clearly and solicit feedback in an ongoing, structured way. You effectively organize your work to remain productive with asynchronous communication cycles.
- Proficiency with project management software such as Asana.
- Equity Analysis and Practice. You are aware of your group identities and how they have shaped your life and experiences at work. You have an analysis of how racism and other forms of oppression in society impact relationships, systems, and culture. You bring experience and skills for working effectively with colleagues across group identities and roles. You are committed to self-transformation and are on a lifelong journey to expand your equity analysis, skills and practice.
Nice to Haves:
- Strong front-end coding skills for the web
- Experience effectively analyzing user data
- Has a passion for serving Listings Project community of artists and creative people
- Interest in and familiarity with the real estate industry, housing justice and/or tenant’s rights advocacy
Pay & Benefits:
- Remote, Full time, salary range $100K – $125K.
- Unlimited vacation/personal days, scheduled with business needs in mind, with an expectation that employees take at least 15 days over the course of a year.
- QSEHRA Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs) are employer-funded group health plans from which employees are reimbursed tax-free for qualified medical expenses up to a fixed dollar amount per year. Unused amounts may be rolled over to be used in subsequent years.
- 401(K) with company match.
Additional Role Requirements:
- We are an all-remote team who works on an Eastern time zone schedule. We anticipate travel for in person meetings 2-4 times each year with 3-5 days of travel per trip.
- This role requires the candidate to own a video-chat capable computer with reliable Internet access.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Must be based in the US
Listings Project is an equal opportunity employer:
Our policy is to select, place, train and promote the best-qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude, and experience so as to provide equal opportunity for all of our employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal law, and without regard to non-work-related factors such as sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, economic status, personal appearance including height and weight, family responsibility, matriculation, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all activities, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfers, promotions, and benefits. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
- Provide a portfolio with examples of your work demonstrating your product design experience.
- Please remove any school names from your resume. You may leave your degree (e.g., “B.A. Communication”), but please remove any undergraduate or graduate school names. This is aimed at opening this opportunity to more candidates, reviewing applicants on performance assessments, and mitigating bias in the decision-making process.
This position will remain open until October, 28, 2022.
Equity and Inclusion:
Listings Project is an organization committed to anti-racism. As part of our commitment, we cultivate a community and a platform that is inclusive, where people can interact in a way that is respectful, life-affirming, and justice-focused. We believe that creating opportunities for all people to have equitable access to commercial, residential, and public spaces contributes to more resilient, healthy, compassionate, transparent, and sustainable communities. Listings Project strives to create a culture in which all transactions among our members (and beyond them) are rooted in authenticity, inclusion, respect, and kindness. We embrace the fundamental premise that our diversity is an asset that can strengthen us. At Listings Project, we strive to learn what we can from all of the communities to which we belong—and to create something altogether new. This is why we are committed to doing our own justice-focused work. This entails interrogating and understanding our individual attitudes, as well as ensuring that our company’s daily operations and hiring practices are aligned with our vision. We actively establish opportunities for restorative conflict resolution between groups and individuals in our community. Running a company that is equitable and inclusive is an ongoing process that requires constant commitment.