LeadSimple, Inc.: Lead Software Engineer
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Washington State, U.S.A.
🚀 Want to join a team of A-players in an exciting, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment?
LeadSimple is a small team solving big problems in the property management industry. Bootstrapped since 2013, we’re passionate about helping small businesses grow sustainably.
Our software provides a powerful foundation for any property management company to take their business to the next level. Thousands of property managers rely on us for their day-to-day operations and we’re only getting started.
We’re looking for seasoned Senior and Lead Ruby on Rails Engineers to join our fully-remote team to help us scale to meet market demand. This is an opportunity to join on the ground floor of a bootstrapped, growing company with a lot of upside.
What we’d want you to do:
- Take technical ownership of our product’s architecture and capabilities
- Recommend and lead complex refactoring projects and migrations, without sacrificing stability, such as:
- Modernizing our back-end stack (we’re currently on Rails 4)
- Optimizing our API and PostgreSQL database for scale and performance
- Suggest and implement scalability & productivity improvements
- Collaborate with the rest of the team in weekly meetings, chat and code reviews
- Develop new full-stack features from start to finish using the Shape Up method
- Participate in our Betting Table planning meetings
- Write high-quality and maintainable Ruby and Typescript code
- Write high-quality documentation on our product’s architecture to assist collaboration
- 5+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- Fluent spoken and written English at a professional level.
- Working hours must overlap with PST for at least 3 hours.
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL query optimization and scaling strategies
- Past experience with complex upgrades and migrations
- Prior experience as a software architect or technical lead
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Strong communication skills, able to recommend decisions using data and experience
Nice to have
- Prior experience upgrading Ruby on Rails (this would be a big plus!)
- React, Typescript or GraphQL experience
- Elixir experience (we have 1 service using Elixir)
- Ruby on Rails monolith (with 95% test coverage)
- GraphQL (via graphql-ruby gem)
What it’s like to work here
- You’ll have opportunities to work on the entire stack, from databases to user interfaces and everything in between, in a wide variety of product areas.
- You’ll own the delivery of high-impact projects that affect real customers, from start to finish, with no bureaucracy, following the Shape Up method.
- You’ll collaborate within a small, highly productive team, reviewing code and helping other engineers with their roadblocks.
- You’ll have time to focus. We don’t micromanage, and we do our best to keep distractions (and meetings) to a minimum.
- When assigned to on-call duty, you’ll investigate and fix bugs and respond to incidents.
- You’ll deploy early and often. We ship to production multiple times per day.
- Remote-only team, location independent
- 3rd Friday of every month off
- 6 US Holidays
- 3 Weeks Paid Time Off (in addition to the above)
- Quarterly Two-Week Hackathons
- Monthly Healthcare Allowance
- Yearly Vacation Allowance
- $2000 equipment stipend upon hire
- Focused and dedicated environment with smart, caring people
- Consistent, but flexible working schedule with minimum 3hr Pacific Time Zone overlap
- Mission driven, non-political company and values-based culture
Our Interview Process
- Fill out our application, located here
- Intro call (30 minutes)
- Offline work sample test (up to 60 minutes)
- Work history interview with Hiring Manager (up to 90 minutes)
- Culture interview with People Operations(30 minutes)
- Meet the CTO(30 minutes)
- Meet the CEO (30 minutes)
- Offer call (15 minutes), followed by a written offer
- If you accept the offer, you enter a 90-day trial period, fully paid.
- If all goes well in your first 90 days, you convert to a full-time team member!