Hunter: Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
via We Work Remotely
Hunter’s product team is hiring a senior Ruby on Rails developer to join our lean and highly effective product team. Hunter is a fully remote company with most of our team based in Europe. Our goal is to create simple yet powerful tools for salespeople worldwide. We do that within a great work environment focused on async-communications, developer autonomy & transparency.
About the role
Here’s what you can expect:
- We love Ruby on Rails and have built our entire business around it. We follow best practices closely to build a majestic monolith
- Our first choice is always to use RoR, but when more interactivity is required, we use Stimulus & Hotwire
- You’ll become one of the key team members responsible for moving the Hunter application forward
- You’ll be part of a small team providing services involving lots of data to a very large number of users. This leads to numerous challenges that you’ll have to tackle in smart ways
- You’ll join a friendly team where we care about making each other grow and have a no-ego approach to decision-making
- You have multiple years of experience working with Ruby on Rails (or similar MVC frameworks)
- You know and enjoy working with Ruby
- You are based in Europe
- You’re excited to take ownership of projects, set directions, and make calls. You’re able to communicate clearly with your colleagues
- You have experience in remote working. You’re comfortable working primarily with asynchronous communication and don’t need a lot of handholding or supervision
Salespeople, marketers, and recruiters use Hunter to reach out to the people that matter to their business. We index B2B data from millions of public web pages and make it convenient to explore with simple but powerful tools.
Hunter is the most popular solution for finding professional email addresses. It is used by almost 3 million people and leading companies such as Google, Adobe, Microsoft, or IBM.
Hunter was founded in 2015 and is a self-funded company. We’re a team of 11 people working remotely from Europe, America, and Asia. Twice a year, the team meets in a company retreat in Europe.
Being part of Hunter will also get you:
- A yearly gross compensation ranging between 80k and 130k USD
- Five weeks of paid vacations per year
- Health insurance
- Employment status (you won’t be a contractor)
- Coworking space membership
- Fully-paid setup (including a MacBook Pro, standing desk, ergonomic chair, etc.)