GovAssist, LLC: Product Owner
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Puerto Rico
We are GovAssist
GovAssist LLC is the leading company specialized in immigration consultancy dedicated to helping individuals travel to the United States and we are affiliated with the UT law firm GovAssist Legal which provides legal services on immigration matters. We have provided superlative assistance to more than 250000 clients so far, and we are preparing for a business expansion.
Our program embraces multiple perspectives while leaning into the belief that no matter where each member is, we trust them to accomplish our shared business goals; all remote and self-awareness are key.
GovAssist is seeking a Product Owner who will act as a communication hub and strategic guide for everyone involved with the product. Dedicated to all depts, but mostly to the IT one, his role responsibility will include (but not limited to) being a project manager, development team lead, business strategist, user-centric product designer, customer analyst, and market research manager.
- Ensures product development goals are in accord with the business objectives and every member of the team is aligned on the reasoning behind it, prioritizing the right work, at the right times.
- Champions product initiatives while maintaining a cohesive and singular vision.
- Breaks down product features into smaller chapters and lines to help the team continuously deliver in an agile environment.
- Keeps the stakeholders, business managers, and all decision-makers on the same page.
- Creates an actionable product roadmap and ensures the feasibility of the product with respect to business objectives.
- Manages the product backlog of prioritized features and bugs.
- Maps out realistic project dependencies and implements the most efficient sequence of development.
- Clearly defines any and all project constraints and determines which deliverable will be put into development and at which time.
- Ensures that the development timeline is realist and repeats the prioritization process for each iteration of the product.
- Identifies any areas with the potential for improvements and supports the product design sprint.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- At least 2 years of experience as a Product Owner.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar relevant field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management concepts (agile/SCRUM).
- Understanding of computer science principles.
- Business-savvy, strategist, visionary.
- Expert-level communicator, excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
- Continuous problem-solving and alternative seeker.
This is a full-time position (40h/week) where collaboration is vital, meaning that you will need to establish a common work window with the relevant parties.