Geckoboard: Customer Support Specialist
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Remote (UK)
Geckoboard is a software company that helps businesses put data at the heart of their culture and decision-making.
We believe it shouldn’t be complicated or expensive for businesses to access their data or visualize it so everyone can understand what’s going on. But with most other solutions available – it is, and we aim to level this playing field.
Founded in 2010, over 5,000 customers now subscribe to Geckoboard because our dashboarding tools are affordable, easy to use, and can genuinely change how a team benefits from their data.
And that’s no accident. Our solutions are popular because they’ve been developed and are supported by a talented team of people who genuinely care about the product and customer experience.
As one of our Customer Support Specialists, you will be the helping hand that our users count on, combining your love of technology with your love of helping people. To your teammates, you will be the pulse of our users, a customer expert, always ensuring their voices are heard.
Our small but mighty, Customer Success team is spread across the globe, helping to support our customers 24 hours, 5 days a week. Through your conversations with our users, you’ll understand their needs and concerns and anticipate future questions. From guiding them on how to do something or good dashboard design to making recommendations on what features will help them get the most out of Geckoboard for their teams.
You will cultivate a mastery of our product, helping users wherever they need it: email, forums, Twitter, Facebook, live chat, etc., using primarily Zendesk and Intercom, but also Zoom from time to time. You’ll also help keep our knowledge base up to date so that we share your insights with the rest of the team and our customers. And your curious nature will find you investigating bugs.
Most of all, as our Customer Support Specialist, you’ll relish every opportunity to inspire, delight, and exceed our customer’s expectations. So much so that they share their experience with others!
Why work at Geckoboard?
We’re not interested in “hypergrowth”: Geckoboard has been around since 2011 and we are all here to build a sustainable, long-term business. We have ambitious plans to grow the company, but we will only get there by building a great product that customers love, not by taking on unsustainable amounts of funding and giving up control over our destiny.
Building a supportive, humane work environment is hugely important to us. We believe strongly in the importance of work/life balance.
On the Customer Success team, we’re proud of maintaining a CSAT (well) above 90% and constantly being praised on customers’ reviews.
Your first 90 days:
- You will learn a lot — about our customers, product, processes, culture and more — through a combination of self-directed and team-supported learning on your onboarding journey.
- You’ll be talking to customers from your very first day at Geckoboard, so by day 90, you can expect to have handled over 400 conversations with customers on a variety of topics.
- You’ll have developed a good understanding of Geckoboard in general and of our most popular integrations in particular.
- You will have settled into the team; you’re comfortable working both independently and collaboratively to ensure customers have a best-in-class support experience.
You should apply if:
- You’ve worked in a customer support role in a SaaS environment before.*
- You love technology and love to learn!
- You thrive on helping others in a fast and friendly way.
- You enjoy writing and can express even the most complex ideas, clearly and simply.
- You enjoy diving into the details to solve tricky problems and are constantly looking at how you can solve the next problem before it happens.
- You’re comfortable with HTML, Markdown and CSS.
- You’re also familiar with or would like to learn SQL.
- You’re empathetic and patient. You take time to understand a customer’s needs and know that patience and understanding are the most important ingredients in helping a customer with their concerns. Even the smartest people make mistakes.
- You enjoy a good GIF!
* Right now, we’re looking for someone with at least 1-2 years of experience in customer support in the SaaS industry, to help scale our team. We know there are great candidates for this position who have worked in other industries or have transferable skills. If that’s you, you’re not sure, or you’re interested in joining our team from somewhere else in the world, head to www.geckoboard.com/careers and get in touch. We’re growing and we’d love to hear from you and chat about this or future opportunities to join the Geckoboard team!