Flightradar24: C++ / Python Developer
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Stockholm, Sweden
Flightradar24 is looking for experienced, well-rounded developers with both C++ and Python experience. You will play an important role in building and improving our back-end systems, processing very high volumes of aviation data like flight positions each day.
Your work will improve the experience of millions of daily Flightradar24 users, as well as enable our business and enterprise customers to effectively integrate our aviation data and services with their businesses.
What you’ll do
- Develop our back-end systems using modern C++ and Python on a Linux platform, using open source tools like RabbitMQ, Redis, Kafka and MySQL, as well as cloud services
- Improve our flight tracking and enriched data services, processing real-time updates from our network of Raspberry Pi-based ADS-B receivers all around the world (approximately 30,000 devices)
- Design and implement big data streaming, ingestion, and event processing using both cloud and on-premise SQL and NoSQL systems
- Expand our flight event detection logic and find new ways to use our data
- Improve robustness of our systems using cloud infrastructure like AWS and Azure, and tools like Terraform, Ansible, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Apply analytic and algorithmic skills to solve software design and aviation tracking challenges
Who you are
- Experienced software engineer with at least 4 years of professional development, ideally in online/web services environments and with similar tech stacks
- Experience with modern C++ ’11-’20, STL and Boost, as well as an understanding of data structures, algorithms and their use cases and efficiency
- Skilled at Python 3 and its library modules, going beyond basic scripting and on to larger production-critical applications including multiple instances and concurrency
- Passionate about development best practices and quality efforts, such as test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, continuous integration, etc.
- You know how to design simple, performant, testable, and maintainable software
- You love what you do and are passionate about code and technology
- You have a university degree in computer science or similar
- You have strong written and spoken English
- Experience with Machine Learning would be a bonus
- If you have experience with aviation data standards including ADS-B, that’s a big plus
Note that this is a fully remote position (or optionally, hybrid remote for candidates in Stockholm, Sweden), but we would like you to be located within a 3-hour time difference from Central European Time (CET/CEST) to align your working hours with the rest of the team.