Fleetio: Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Birmingham, Alabama
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to manage and evolve our cloud infrastructure. Our infrastructure is critical to providing a reliable & high-quality SaaS app to our customers, and our Product Engineers rely on it to develop, test and deploy seamlessly multiple times a day. You will play a vital role in building, scaling and advancing our infrastructure to help meet the needs of our customers and our Engineers.
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations worldwide manage their fleet operations. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up daily. We raised a $21M Series B in late 2020 and are on an exciting trajectory as a company.
More about Fleetio
- Fleetio overview video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlvIbwZT3oU
- Fleetio Go overview video: https://www.fleetio.com/go
- More about the Fleetio platform: https://www.fleetio.com/features
- API docs: developer.fleetio.com
- Test drive Fleetio to get an even better feel for what we’re building: https://www.fleetio.com/register
What you’ll be doing
As a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer on Fleetio’s Platform Engineering team, you will:
- Manage and maintain highly available production and pre-production environments
- Work with Product Engineers to implement and scale cloud solutions necessary to build product functionality
- Own migration and upgrades of production infrastructure and components
- Ensure availability of on-demand review apps that are used to test functionality while managing costs
- Own disaster recovery infrastructure and execute the fail-over plan along with the broader Platform Engineering team
- Evaluate new tools and services that will advance our infrastructure and capabilities to provide a highly reliable service
- Develop automation as necessary to create, manage, monitor, and support cloud solutions
- Work with security professionals to configure and optimize cloud infrastructure for high security
- Document artifacts related to infrastructure (via Diagrams, Text, etc)
What’s in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. You will build software used by people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet daily, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- Work remotely (within the United States, Canada, or Mexico) or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. Over 80% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and we have promoted a strong remote working culture since the beginning (2012).
- We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and hobbies and know you do, too.
Our Engineering and Product teams are structured as autonomous tribes that execute within one focal area toward a defined product vision. We’re hardcore believers in easy-to-use software, and our main goal as Product Engineers is to quickly and continuously deliver meaningful value to our customers. Our platform engineering team has optimized our CI/CD tools and processes to easily get code into our production environments, resulting in an average of 40 deploys per week. See what our team has to say about how we work in their own words here. You can also learn about the interview process here.
- 5+ years of experience as an Infrastructure Engineer or equivalent roles (DevOps)
- Strong experience with cloud computing services, i.e., AWS, GCP, and Heroku
- Familiarity with deploying solutions that use Ruby-on-Rails or other similar web frameworks
- Solid experience with Docker and container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes
- Experience working with IaC tools such as Terraform
- Knowledge of background job scheduler systems such as Sidekiq
- Experience working with distributed event and data stores such as Kafka, Redis, Elasticsearch, and Memcached
- Deep understanding of cloud network fundamentals such as routing, firewalls, load balancers, CDNs, VPCs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Considered a plus
- Experience with relational databases
- You know a thing or two about the Fleet management industry
- 100% health/dental coverage (50% coverage for family)
- Vision insurance
- Incentive stock options
- 401(k) match of 4%
- PTO – 4 weeks
- 8 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Parental and bonding leave
- Dependent care and medical FSA
- Short and long term disability
- Community service funds
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Mac laptop + new hire equipment stipend
- Monthly catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with tons of drinks & snacks
- Remote working friendly since 2012
For Non-U.S. based candidates, Fleetio offers a country-specific competitive benefits package.