via We Work Remotely
Filestage frees people from chaotic approval processes, making work more joyful and productive. From large enterprises to independent agencies, our review and approval platform helps teams share, discuss, and approve all their files, all in one place – including documents, designs, images, videos, and audio files.
We’re a fully remote team with people working in home offices, co-working spaces, and coffee shops all over the world. Together, we’re on a mission to create a seamless approval process that helps people deliver their best work.
We’ve raised our Series A and have over half a million users across 500+ companies, including AB InBev, LG, Havas, GroupM, and Emirates. So if you’re looking for a fast-growing startup in a booming market, you’ve found it!
About our Development team
We are a small team but growing rapidly. We have grown from a team of 9 members to 19 members in the last year and we are looking to expand further in the coming months.
We use Agile methodologies, following the Spotify structure. Our team is divided into cross functional squads who are fully responsible for a part of our product. Inside the squad we have short meetings to define our goals, share updates and blockers during the week. After each month we have a retrospective to continue to improve our processes.
We take ownership and hold ourselves to high standards. Developers are involved in the whole software development life cycle. You will write code but also E2E tests, migration scripts or monitor production.
We follow best practices. Chapter leads coach squad members inspired by books like: The Pragmatic Programmer, Extreme Programming, A Philosophy of Software Design or The DevOps Handbook.
What you will be working on as a Software Developer
Depending on your interests and skills, you may do more feature work or more purely technical work, but the boundaries are fluid, and people can switch between teams. Every two weeks, you’ll have a private conversation with your manager where you can discuss these topics and more.
Build new product features. In the last 1 year our team has added many exciting features including revamping our project dashboard, allowing users to compare two versions of a file simultaneously and allowing users to review live websites on our platform. In the coming year we are looking forward to building many more exciting features like allowing users to automate their manual processes.
Integrate with 3rd party services. In the last 1 year we have started integrating our platform with multiple 3rd party services like Asana, Microsoft Teams, etc and built a foundation to create many more integrations. This year we are looking to integrate with Slack, Adobe Premiere Pro and others.
Track down bugs and fix them fast. There are a lot of moving parts in a SAAS app: frontend, backend, networking and integration with 3rd party services. Tracking down bugs in such an app is not only very exciting but is core to providing exceptional user experience.
Improve our development process. We continuously improve our development process by adding new E2E tests to prevent bugs and reduce manual testing, refactoring concepts to reduce complexity, improving our CI/CD pipeline or coming up with new ideas to improve developer workflow.
Life at Filestage
We believe people are more productive when they can choose their own schedule. So we’re proud to offer fully-remote roles that give you the perfect balance between work and life.
Here are some of the benefits you can look forward to at Filestage:
Work from where you’re happiest and enjoy a flexible schedule. We’ve been fully remote from the start, giving you the opportunity to meet people all over the world and broaden your horizons.
- For this role, we’re looking for someone who can have at least 4hrs of time overlap with European working hours (9:00AM to 6:00 PM CET).
- Meet up in real life. We all travel together at least once a year at our team retreat to have fun and get to know each other.
- Enjoy a strong team culture. We’re a group of knowledge seekers, reflective thinkers, clear communicators, goal owners, problem solvers, and team players. These are the values we strive for to help us achieve our mission.
- Join a happy team. We’ve been rated five stars on Glassdoor by our lovely team. You can take a look at our reviews here.
- Create a workspace that suits you. You’ll get a €1,500 budget for hardware, as well €500 for home office to buy whatever you need to do your best work – including a computer, webcam, or standing desk.
- Get 36 days of paid holidays. Plenty of time for city breaks, summer escapes, and everything in between. You’ll also get a half day on your birthday to give you a chance to celebrate!
- Continue to grow and develop your career. We care about your development and want you to be able to learn new things! After six months in the company, you’ll get a budget to be able to use for personal development.
- Make your voice heard. We trust our team members to make the best decisions to achieve their goals, so you won’t have to put up with micromanagers here.
- Say goodbye to pointless meetings. We practice what we preach when it comes to productivity, so you can expect flat hierarchies, fast iterations, and no bullshit meetings.
What you’ll bring to the role
Here are some of the things we’d like to see from you:
- You’re passionate about software development. You hold yourself to a high coding standard and write code that’s reliable, performs well and is easy to understand.
- You turn designs into technical concepts. You can translate complex UI/UX design into technical concepts for new features. You know how to make a solid action plan and execute on it with your team.
- You’re a problem solver. If that means forking a dependency to fix a bug, that’s what you do. If it means studying how color spaces work to guarantee color accuracy, so be it. If you find a concept that needs refactoring, you don’t ignore it.
- You work well with lots of questions and few answers. No problem is too big or too hard. You’re at your most productive when ambitious goals are clearly set and you can choose your own path to reach them.
- You’re hungry to learn. You roll your sleeves up to get things done. You strive to continuously improve, iterate and integrate what you learn.
- You manage scope and expectations. You have experience in collaborating with product partners like product management and product design
- You’re a strong communicator. You have experience collaborating with a distributed team.