expondo: Software Engineer – PHP (f/m/x)
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Köpenicker Str. 54, 10179 Berlin, Germany
Work location: FULLY REMOTE within the EU or UK
(Working in CET or GMT time zone required)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Your main goal as Software Engineer in our Product Data Catalogue Management Team will be the development and maintenance of our systems that are responsible for the creation and distribution of product information & content across all our sales channels used by customers all over Europe.
What you can expect:
- Development of the systems supporting data product distribution across our technology landscape
- Creating new (micro)services in PHP
- Participation in the architecture design of the system
- Reviewing and giving constructive feedback on others’ code
- Learning new technologies, keeping abreast of existing technologies and helping to introduce them where appropriate
- Supporting us to be more cloud-centric
WHAT YOU BRING IN
- Having at least 2-3 years of experience as PHP Software Engineer
- Knowing at least one of the PHP frameworks (Symfony required)
- Having practical knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Experiences with software architecture definition, REST APIs, unit testing and AMQP
- Working experience with automated integration tests and CI/CD approach
- Experience with GIT & Atlassian tools
- Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL)
- A business-oriented approach towards software requirements and development
- Very good command of English in speaking and writing
Would be an asset
– Hands-on experience in using Docker
– Understanding of Domain-Driven Design
– Experience with Azure (Terraform) and “monitoring first” approach
– Knowledge of NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch, MongoDB)
WHAT WE PROVIDE
The DEVELOPMENT of each exponDOer is of the upmost importance to us:
- You will be assigned to a buddy, who will support, advise and simply be there during there for you during the first 4 to 6 weeks of the onboarding.
- Your opinion makes a difference, and you will help us to shape with us expondo’s future.
- We provide free user accounts for both Udemy for Business and Babbel to promote your constant development.
We offer all our employees the FREEDOM to work how it is best suited to their needs:
- Whether it will be remote, from the office or a hybrid of both, we will support any decision made and provide the needed hardware to work in comfort.
- If you decide to work at one our locations, all the recommended protective measures are in place for a safe working environment.
- We provide flexible working hours, work-free weekends, and there are no nightshifts.
In our CULTURE we respect our employees’ needs and care for each other:
- We care about everyone’s physical and mental health, and that is why we provide the best possible conditions for a sustainable work-life balance.
- We also grant expondo sponsored psychological support for all our employees around the clock.
- You will be a part of a diverse team in which good humour, mutual support and respect are highly valued.
We offer competitive pay based on your experience (the specific offer depends on a certain location and evaluated skill level; the salary oscillates between 40k and 70k EUR gross/year).