Ebury: Node.js Developer
via We Work Remotely
This is a new role within the Ebury Technology Department focusing on building Microservices required to take our Mobile App to the next level. Working side by side with the tech leaders, you will take responsibility for the Mobile Apps communication development as part of the Channels ecosystem within the Department. You will drive efficiencies and best practices as Ebury grows and matures over the coming years.
- Strong experience (at least 5 years) developing REST APIs in node.js.
- Experience working with Docker & Kubernetes.
- Strong knowledge of AWS platform with proven experience working & deploying solutions in the cloud.
- Knowledge of AWS Lambda & API Gateway.
- Working with SQL & NoSQL databases.
- Experience working with Python or GO is a plus.
- Strong understanding of security techniques (SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, asymmetric cryptography, etc.)
- Experience working on Agile development teams
- Knowledge of data architecture with a focus on scalability and avoiding performance bottlenecks
- Experience working for mobile app development teams would also be great.
- Since you will work side by side with colleagues from different countries, you will be able to communicate clearly and concisely your ideas in English both written and spoken.
- You share your ideas and continuously improve yourself and the team around you
- We value experience with financial apps technologies.
- Quality is important to us, we expect your code to be testable and well covered with unit and integration tests. We use CI Jenkins pipelines for the deployment of services and infrastructure. From time to time, you might need to contribute to it.
- You will contribute to the development of a transactional banking platform, focusing on receiving and issuing payments in more than 140 currencies.
- Our platform is a single platform (20+ Services) with distinct channels for users to access our core functionality.
- Help in defining, communicating and driving the Mobile Apps within Ebury and its engineering teams.
- Implementation of solutions to ensure Ebury’s Mobile Apps Channel provides smooth and quick values to customers.
- Build and Run services in production. Using tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, Sentry, Prometheus, ELK.. you and your team will be responsible for achieving Service Level Objectives for your code.
- Work with cross-functional product and technology teams across the company to build new features at large and multi-region scale.
- All of these run smoothly in Docker containers on AWS ECS and Kubernetes
Why will you love working with us:
- You will be part of a remote-first distributed technology team that cares deeply about people, culture and best practices, and believes in agile principles. Take a look here and see what our team say about us!
- You’ll have continuous professional growth thanks to our career progression framework with regular reviews.
- You’ll improve your personal development through training and certification.
- You’ll contribute to our technical design through our open and collaborative Request For Comments (RFC) process.
- We are Open Source friendly, following Open Source principles in our internal projects and encouraging contributions to external projects.
- An in-depth onboarding process to make you feel part of the team from your first day.
- If you wish to improve your English skills, you’ll be able to take lessons in the school of your choice.
- Due to our remote-first organisation and our remote-focused onboarding system, you will feel a crucial part of the team since day one. Curious about what working remotely is like at Ebury? Take a look and see what our team say about us!
- If there’s something that you can do in our Tech team, it is growing professionally: thanks to our career path and our collaborative and cross-team working, every day is a new adventure. Get ready to take your career to the next level!