Deskpro: Technical Support Engineer (AUS)
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: London, UK
Deskpro is award winning helpdesk software that helps to bring better online customer service to millions of people.
Our helpdesk software platform allows organizations to consolidate all of their customer support channels (email, phone, live chat, social) into one place. Giving them the software tools needed to provide incredible customer support.
Our Technical Support Engineers help diagnose and solve technical issues by email, phone, and chat. They work with big enterprise customers who have sysadmins of their own, all the way down to single-user accounts with not-so-technical administrators. We aim to provide fast and accurate help whenever it’s needed.
NOTE: Please only apply for this role if you are physically located in Australia and willing to work AEST, as the hours for the role are based around Sydney time zone (AEST) 10am – 7pm.
What will you be doing?
This is a varied customer-facing role. You’ll be performing deep technical troubleshooting to help solve complex problems for our customers, such as helping customers install the software, manage testing of VM’s and proposing improvements to the software as well as finding workarounds.
Also, working closely with our Customer Support team and other Technical Support engineers, you’ll often work directly with our software engineers (e.g. reproducing issues, collecting technical information/diagnostics etc) to identify issues in our products and coordinate solutions with customers.
- 3+ years experience in technical support (L3), preferably in product support.
- Located in Australia (UTC +9 to UTC +11)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. You will interact with customers in different stages from pre-sales to potential crisis scenarios. Empathy for our customers and determination to fight in their corner is critical.
- Ability to learn how to support Deskpro’s technical elements (e.g installing software on servers, APIs, integrations, installers, data migration etc.).
- A love for problem solving, troubleshooting issues and a strong drive to learn new technologies.
- Linux web hosting sysadmin experience. You should know your tools very well (e.g. curl, dig, git, traceroute, grep, ssh).
- Strong familiarity with multiple Linux distributions, including Ubuntu and RHEL.
- Experience supporting Nginx, PHP and MySQL.
- Experience identifying and diagnosing issues from analysing logs, stack traces, browser development tools and HAR exports.
- Creative problem solving. Deskpro runs on-premise as well as in the cloud; sometimes you will be troubleshooting with incomplete information with no direct access to customer services.
- Experience working with container technology (e.g. docker)
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. VMWare, Virtualbox, Hyper-V)
- Experience with other technology our app uses (SMTP/email, Active Directory, SAML, etc)
- Experience with Windows and Windows Server.
- Competitive Salary $70k – $92k (AUD) + Share Options Package
- We are a friendly startup-team with in London, UK and a growing remote team.
- Up to 25 days holiday plus AUS National Public Holidays.
- A mixture of autonomy over your role and real responsibilities to the team and business.
- A ‘home office’ budget, computer, screens and desk set-up
- Personal budget for training and growth.
- A chance to be truly invested in a growing software company, with generous share options.
- For more information, you can visit our Careers page
Please only apply for this role if you are physically located in eastern Australia (UTC +9 to UTC +11)