Data Virtuality GmbH: Java Backend Developer. Full-time. Unlimited. Contractor.
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Leipzig, Germany
We would love to be your new team!
Working at Data Virtuality means being part of an international team and thriving. What we offer is remote work from your home, wherever it is. Further, you can expect an unlimited long-term freelance contract with full-time work, benefits, and genuine team spirit.
At Data Virtuality, you will experience respectful interactions, harmonious teamwork,
without a dog-eat-dog mentality!
without a dog-eat-dog mentality!
What you will be doing:
Coding Expert – You push on further developing our Data Virtuality Platform core. You use your creative power to conceive, develop, and integrate new components and applications to our products.
Problem Solver – Your mission is to keep an eye on our existing products: You analyze and improve our components and fix bugs.
Team Player – Working remotely: You are independent and reliable and constantly keep in touch with the Data Virtuality team. You keep exchanging ideas with your colleagues and help them develop the best performance.
Smart, Coding-Talented, Java Native!
…what you should bring from your professional side.
- substantial experience (5+ years) in J2EE-development with a focus on WildFly, JBoss, Tomcat, or a similar application server
- significant experience (5+ years) in database design, complex SQL queries
- in-depth knowledge of OOD methodology, Java, XML, J2EE (JSP, JMS, EJB, Servlet, JDBC, JPA), and Web Services (SOAP & REST)
- working knowledge of Hibernate
- keen understanding of the internal operation principles of an RDBMS and knowledge of Data Warehousing
- in-depth knowledge of modern architectural concepts, design patterns, and agile software development (Scrum, Kanban)
- practical knowledge of standard technologies for development, assembly (Maven), and versioning (SVN, Git)
Tenacious, Ambitious, International!
…what you should bring from the personal side.
- fluent spoken and written English is a must-have criterion
- analytical thinking, pragmatic development approach with a hands-on mentality
- being a team player, but also being able to solve problems independently
- understanding the requirements from customer view
- generally excellent communication behavior – on both customer and colleague side
What our fantastic team worldwide loves about working with Data Virtuality
- A job with the stability and team spirit of an employee, but also with the freedom and flexibility of a freelancer
- Stable partnership for years
- Flexibility to decide where to work
- Knowledgeable and approachable C-Level
- Reliable and fast monthly payment – in EUR, USD, or various cryptocurrencies, as you prefer
- Continuity and growth potential
- Friendly and international colleagues
- Full integration into our teams and invitation for our team events worldwide
- If you want, possibility to relocate to Germany after min. five years of a great collaboration
Our Tech Stack
- Backend: J2EE application running in a JBoss/WildFly container. It offers the possibility to connect to any data source (databases, web services, text files, etc.) and query data using SQL. Persistence layers and internal configurations are delegated to Hibernate.
- Frontend (Desktop): Desktop Application based on Eclipse RCP
- Frontend (Web): several Web applications based on Angular
- Operating System: Linux, Microsoft Windows, macOS
- Languages: Java, C, C++, TypeScript, SQL, XML
- Databases: Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Microsoft Azure Data Warehouse, Exasol, Teradata, Vertica, etc.
- Others: Web Services, JDBC, ODBC, REST
- IDE: Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, Netbeans
- Framework: Eclipse Rich Client Platform, JUnit, Spring, Hibernate, Angular, JQuery
- Application Servers: JBoss, WildFly, Tomcat
- Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Development, Building, Versioning tools: Maven, Ant, SVN, Git
- Dev and CI tools: Jira, FishEye, Crucible, Confluence, Jenkins
- Virtualization and Containers: VirtualBox, VMware, Docker, Vagrant