Clarity: Principal Engineer (Backend)
via We Work Remotely
How to Apply
Send us a message with your resume at [email protected]. Looking forward to meeting you!
What is Clarity?
Clarity serves as the bridge between tuition-funded K-12 schools and families seeking to find the best-fit educational environment for their children, regardless of a family’s financial means.
We support access to independent and private K-12 school education by:
- Increasing awareness of the availability of financial aid and tuition assistance.
- Modernizing a historically complex process for obtaining financial aid.
Our vision is to build a suite of tools that will make the option of a private school education more accessible to millions of families. The first step in this transformative journey is our new financial aid solution.
What you’ll do at Clarity
- Ship greenfield product with broad scope
- Data-modeling, system and API design
- Create prototype systems for evaluation and production systems for scale
- Manage and evolve existing + new infrastructure
- Be enabled to bring your own technical solutions and experience to the table
- Help us build an engineering team that proactively promotes a culture of trust and excellence to attract more talented and enjoyable people like yourself
- Be a part of a team that is recognized as the first true technical innovators in the industry
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You aspire to architect experiences that will be used by millions
- You seek out positive, collaborative work environments to learn and grow
- You are eager to be part of a small team with years of greenfield development ahead
- You are passionate about making quality education accessible for all families
Tools we use today
- Remix (React Framework)
- Growing company with lots of opportunities to grow with us – we went from 0 to 14 employees in the last 8 months and anticipate lots of growth moving forward
- Fully remote team and work environment
- Unlimited PTO (mandatory minimum) and federal holidays off
- Company sponsored get togethers / off site
- Stock – every team member has some level of ownership in Clarity
- Competitive salary
- Company sponsored health, medical and dental insurance
Clarity Financial, Inc. (DBA “Clarity”) is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Clarity makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.