CareerPlug: Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Austin, TX
We believe that people are the heart of our business and are committed to building one of the best places to work — anywhere. To us, that means putting care and purpose into our hiring process, providing meaningful development and training opportunities for our team members, and living our core values every day.
CareerPlug is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse team. Our leadership takes responsibility for creating a safe and welcoming environment built on inclusion and respect for all.
Our developers work full-stack, building new features from scratch, and balance their work on new features with bug fixes, innovation projects, and infrastructure improvements. This is an opportunity to make significant contributions to a high-growth product and directly influence the growth and future direction of CareerPlug’s software.
- Be a key contributor in our process of continual improvement of the systems we work in
- Provide thoughtful, kind, and meaningful feedback on pull requests to other team members
- Write clean, readable code to implement new features
- Collaborate with the team to innovate and fine-tune our current engineering processes to ensure the success of the Engineering team
- Participate in group discussions about the patterns and implementations in the code base and how to continue to evolve those over time
- Resolve incoming bugs
- Write tests to ensure that changes to code properly fulfill business needs
- Kind and collaborative
- Ambitious, self-motivated, and passionate about learning new skills and build great products
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Excited to be part of a small, highly productive team
- Strong sense of autonomy
- Dedicated to writing clean, maintainable, human-readable code
- Work from home (we’re fully remote)
- Employer Paid Health Insurance
- Unlimited PTO (with minimums!)
- Home Office Stipend
- 401(k) Company Match
- Donation Matching
Compensation: This role pays a base salary between $130,000 – $145,000 with an additional $10,000 in bonus potential. Check out our philosophy on pay ranges to get a better idea of how we handle deciding what the offer should be.
- Early = $130,000 base salary
- Mid = $137,000 base salary
- Advanced = $145,000 base salary