Aurora Solar: Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Remote)
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series C company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2021” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We are looking for senior backend engineers who are comfortable taking control of complex projects and working with other members of the team. Every engineer contributes to key feature rollouts and cutting-edge technology of the solar industry.
We are a diverse team based in San Francisco, passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Build new functionality and features for our software platform
- Scale Aurora’s infrastructure by 10x over the next year
- Develop and extend our existing API
- Build integrations with other players in the solar industry
What we value:
- A degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience developing backend web systems
- Experience managing databases (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs
- Familiarity with (or eagerness to learn) Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with Git or other version control systems
- Passion for renewable energy and sustainability
- Ability to perform and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Thank you for your interest in Aurora Solar. Currently our interview process is taking longer than usual as we navigate the new normal of COVID-19. We appreciate your patience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you feel that you do not meet all of the above criteria!