Athelas: Product Designer
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: Mountain View, CA
At Athelas we’re bringing simple, life-changing health care products to people around the globe.
The future of healthcare is at the home – we are a team of technologists building the next generation of medical products at the intersection of hardware and software. We won’t stop until we’ve brought the world class tools of a hospital to your home
We develop hardware & software and diagnostics to improve the lives of chronic care patients (cancer, hypertension, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder).
In the US, 80% of healthcare spend occurs in 20% of patients. We aim to drastically reduce this cost through modern software, hardware, and preventative care services. Its core device (FDA Class 2 cleared) uses machine-learning trained on cell classification to allow chronic patients to monitor their white blood count at home. Its core software product is a platform to help doctors monitor vitals, trends, etc. of such patients, so that physicians and patients can stay aligned without direct interaction.
We’ve raised $132 million at a $1.5 billion valuation from top tier investors such as General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Y Combinator, and Initialized.
What You’ll Do
- Lead design and user experience across our most important healthcare products; own the design process from prioritization to creating a culture of iteration & high-bar design.
- Lead design team in evolving our long-term product vision, design systems, brand guidelines, and internal design collaboration process.
- Work directly with product/engineering leads to transform company strategy into prioritized initiatives in the roadmap
- Push through walls & find clever solutions for bringing our product, brand, and experience to life.
- Be opinionated and leverage a direct line to our customers to get insights. Explore solutions, create prototypes, and dive into user feedback/data to identify points of friction and opportunities for improvement for every initiative.
- Advocate for our users by continuously iterating on and evolving our core products and experiences. Identify areas of improvement and deliver value to customers every day.
- Support sales & marketing by creating templatized structures for white papers & slide decks
What You Have
- 3+ years of Product Design experience.
- Mastery of Product Design software (Figma, Adobe XD)
- Mastery in graphic design. Proficiency in using Adobe Creative Suite such as Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Interest in being a self-starter and setting the design culture in a company.
- Extraordinary visual design skills; strong understanding of UX principles and workflows
- Strong background in visual/interaction design, branding & identity, and content strategy
- Mastery of low and high-fidelity prototyping tools and methods, and their use in UX Research
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Motion-graphic design skill or experience is a plus.
Why You’ll Like Working with Athelas
- Rockstar Team: Join a team with an incredible record – we are the smallest, fastest company in history to receive FDA hematology clearance. We are also the largest Remote Patient Monitoring company in the US
- Technology Focus: Revolutionizing how technology can be used in the healthcare industry
- Strong Backing: $132M Series B raised from the likes of Sequoia, General Catalyst, Tribe, Y Combinator
- Mission Driven: We are changing the way healthcare is provided, bringing it directly to the people who need it with technology-enabled solutions
- Incredible Growth: 10x patient growth in 2021 and we’re just getting started