Airdev: Director of Growth
via We Work Remotely
Headquarters: San Francisco
For many decades, only coders could build custom software. Now, as no-code platforms gain prominence, talented non-coders have an opportunity to enter the world of software development.
Where does Airdev fit in? We find, vet, and train the best no-code developers. Then we staff them on client projects, which allows these developers to build production-grade applications for clients that range from 1-person startups to Fortune 50 enterprises. Our clients benefit because this approach is drastically faster and cheaper – they can envision products and have them built in weeks instead of years.
About the Director of Growth role
AirDev is at a pivotal moment in our story. As an early entrant into the no-code space, we have spent several years building a truly differentiated offering for our clients. And now we are shifting into growth mode.
Our marketplace business model hinges on attracting two different groups of people – clients and no-code developers. We are looking for someone to work directly with the founders to manage all of our growth activities aimed at attracting potential clients. Specifically, you will:
- Design and execute a broad mix of marketing strategies, tactics, and systems, consisting of paid ads, partnerships, SEO/content, email, etc.
- Manage marketing to potential client leads in various niches across organization types, product types, and functions.
- Manage and grow a marketing team, consisting of a mix of contractors and full-time employees.
- Create repeatable playbooks in order to be able to scale our marketing activities.
- Set up and track various metrics, ensuring that our marketing efforts are improving over time.
Things we look for
We value a mix of hard and soft skills, as well as alignment to our core values, in all of our people. Some specific qualities for this role include:
- Broad marketing experience: The ideal candidate will have had 5+ years of experience with a wide range of marketing activities, including content marketing, SEO, paid advertising, and others, preferably in a fast-growing environment.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: We look for candidates who take initiative, figure things out, and approach work with the mindset of an entrepreneur.
- Balance between strategy and execution: The ideal candidate should be able to take both a 10,000 ft view of a problem (e.g. what should our strategy be for this?) and a 1 ft view of the problem (e.g. what setting do I need to tweak in Google Analytics?).
- Excellence in writing and general communication: The role will require communicating semi-complex concepts with groups of people who care about different things, so the ideal candidate should be a very clear writer and communicator.
- Proclivity for tinkering and setting up systems: We believe in setting up low-overhead systems to help us manage every part of our work, so the ideal candidate should enjoy tinkering with such systems.
- Interest in technology and software: Our work centers around building custom software, so excitement about technology is helpful to ensure that the role is rewarding.
- Organization and track record of getting things done: This role requires managing many projects at once, so the ideal candidate should be able to tackle and complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
- Love of intellectual & creative challenges: The way our firm operates is very unique in the industry, so the ideal candidate should be able to solve challenges that arise in creative and unconventional ways.
*Diversity and Inclusion at Airdev